Can you filter out Epics with a Cancelled status from the Roadmap and Board?

Tess Tigner January 16, 2020

I'm currently using JIRA next-gen projects in an instance of JIRA Cloud.

I've created Epics, which have created a Roadmap and Board, but since then, some of my Epics have needed to be placed in Cancelled status. 

I don't need to see them on the Roadmap or Board any longer, but certainly do want to deleted them. 

Each Epic has several tasks. I've changed those statuses to Cancelled as well.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

Hi @Tess Tigner

As Edwin states, board filtering is not configurable at this stage - but there a few filters for the roadmap - you can filter by:

• Epic Status - You could remove all those in "Done" which would show active work only?
  • User
  • Type

^ Alternatively, I've seen users who drag their Epics on the roadmap to the bottom if done and/or descoped. If you hover over and click on an Epic, you can drag it down so only your "active" work is on top.

None are ideal scenarios, but workarounds for now until more advanced configuration is released :)

Ste

Tess Tigner January 21, 2020

Hi Stephen, 

Thank you for the response. Your workaround sounds reasonable and would like to use it. However, from the Roadmap, I do not see a filter to modify. 

Should I be seeing a filter option on the Roadmap screen?

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 11.41.31 AM.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

Hi @Tess Tigner

These will be on the Backlog view itself - just to the left of the grey navigation bar - see this screenshot:

NG - Roadmap Filters.png

Ste

Tess Tigner January 22, 2020

Thanks Stephen. That works for me!

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hello Tess,

In traditional Jira Cloud or server, all you have to do is filter those out from the board by adding (status != Cancelled) to the filter.

Unfortunately, this is not an option yet for Next Gen projects boards. Please see the link below and up vote that request.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17444?_ga=2.223801691.117881691.1578977269-930573636.1574053760

Tess Tigner January 21, 2020

Although, it's helpful to know that this option is not available so I can stop racking my brain trying to figure it out, very disappointing that what seems to be such a simple feature can't be added.

Also, the ticket that is opened for this request is over a year old and I'm unable to vote or comment on it.

Suggest an answer