Can not set Resolution with automation for Jira in Next Gen project

Kamal Hami-Eddine January 28, 2020

Hi all, 

I tried to change issue resolution with automation for Jira following advices found in: 
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-questions/How-do-you-resolve-or-close-an-issue-in-a-next-gen-project/qaq-p/1050600

However, using the workflow provide by @Sheila Hippert I get an error message, saying that field Resolution may not be on transition screen.

Any idea why this does not work for me ?

Unknown fields set during transition. Field may not be on transition screen. Fields ignored -Resolution (resolution)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2020

Hello Kamal,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thanks for linking the post. I checked her reply and created automation on my local site and it works.

First, I created a new column on my board called "Won't do" and added it before the last column:

Screenshot 2020-01-29_15-15-45-389.png

Then, I created the automation:

When:

Screenshot 2020-01-29_15-17-40-780.png

If:

Screenshot 2020-01-29_15-17-55-064.png

Then:

Screenshot 2020-01-29_15-18-09-654.png

After that, moving a card to the column, it adds the resolution.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Kamal Hami-Eddine January 30, 2020

I was using issue fields condition instead of "if block", and for the then part, I was using "Transition issue to".

Anyway I still have some strange behaviour after trying what you suggested. And I don't get why ...

I get for example the following error related to the "if" block:

Screenshot 2020-01-30 at 13.59.54.png

Thanks for your help.

Kamal Hami-Eddine January 31, 2020

I managed to get away from the error I had yesterday, by restarting the rule from scratch instead of editing my previous one. However, I don't see the resolution being updated when moving issues to the "Won't do" column ...

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Hi Kamal,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. 

On next-gen projects, there are three types of status: ToDo (Grey), In Progress (Blue) and Done (Green). 

The first column will be ToDo, the last one will be Done that automatically adds a resolution and the other ones between those two will be In progress.

With that said, as per the screenshot, you are using the "Won't do" in the very last column that automatically adds the resolution. 

The Green status also adds a resolution automatically by the system, that's why it's not working because the automation and the system are adding the resolution at the same time.

Please, move the "Won't do" to the In progress status and test again.

Regards,
Angélica

Kamal Hami-Eddine January 31, 2020

Actually the won't do column is not the last one., as you can see below. The won't do status is in blue.Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 14.47.17.png

I tried this:

Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 14.49.12.png

and this as well: 
Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 14.50.05.png

don't know if that makes a difference but none work.

Just a small notice. In your screenshot it is written "Resolution (system)", while in mine there is no "(system)" after resolution. Seems we are not operating the same version.  

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 3, 2020

Thank you for the information and details, Kamal.

I believe that this "Won't do" belongs to another project and not the project you need. I also faced this issue when created the automation without specifying the project.

Please, go to the Automation rule and click on "Rule details" and select the project:

Screenshot 2020-02-03_15-27-53-304.png

After that, you will see that only status for that specific project will appear in the dropdown:

Screenshot 2020-02-03_15-29-30-371.png

Kamal Hami-Eddine February 3, 2020

I can't edit the project here on my side, but the one listed seem to be the good one... See picture below...

Screenshot 2020-02-03 at 21.53.40.png

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Kamal Hami-Eddine February 3, 2020

Ok... But for some reason, I tested it again and it works... 

I don't get it. But I am happy.

Thanks.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Kamal Hami-Eddine February 11, 2020

@Angélica Luz we implemented the rule for all the next gen project. It worked for few days, and now it stopped working. 

It seems a bit erratic.

Any idea ?

Best.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2020

Hi Kamal,

Have you checked if it shows any information on the logs?

If you let it run for only one project, does it work?

Regards,
Angélica

Kamal Hami-Eddine February 17, 2020

It worked again on Friday, while I did not change anything. When it was not working, I did not see anything in the logs. It says the rules is ok. When it started to work again, I started to receive the emails when rule applies... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events