It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I create sub-tasks for the user story issue type in next-gen project

Now I am testing the next-gen project feature to see if I can move from the current scrum project to the next-gen.

I found that the next gen project is much easier to use comparing to the current one. Especially the roadmap feature is really useful.

After trying for a while, I stuck with one thing that I cannot do in the next gen project which the feature of creating the sub-tasks in the user story.

I would like to ask if it can be done or not.

If yes, please tell me how. If no, do you have any plan to implement this feature in the future.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin Atlassian Team Jul 28, 2019
2 votes

Hello,

Currently it is not possible to add a sub-task in a next-gen project. It is on the roadmap, but not implemented yet:

https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software?_ga=2.69926864.1513002746.1547637396-1149622764.1547637396

Thank you very much.

Anxiously waiting :)

0 votes
Kevin Bui Atlassian Team Mar 06, 2019

Hi @Suppanat Hussarangsri - As @Alexey Matveev _cPrime_ said, subtasks are currently not available in next-gen projects, but this is on our team's radar and we're working on it. We'll be sure to announce it when it's available.

Has subtask supported been announced yet? I noticed that noe under my choices of issuetype there is Subtask. Does this really have the full subtask functionality is it just partially implmented since I haven't seen any word that it is released and the next-gen roadmap page still shows subtasks as 'coming soon'

Thanks,

Jay

Kevin Bui Atlassian Team Jun 11, 2019

Hi @Jay Keck - We've been slowly rolling out subtasks to next-gen projects over the last few weeks; looks like you were one of the lucky ones who got it early! You can read more about Subtasks in next-gen, and where the feature is heading, in our Community announcement article.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

432 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you