Bulk edit issues in backlog

Maximilian Leistner December 12, 2018

I would like to bulk edit issues in the backlog view. For example i would like to change the assigned person for all selected issues at once. How can i do that?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

@Maximilian Leistner

Bulk edit is the way to go.

• Go to the "Tool" gear at the top right of your issue search
  • Select Bulk Change
  • Select issue(s) to change
  • Select Edit
  • Select Change Assignee
  • etc...

Be aware there is also a "Send mail for this update" option box at the bottom of the select edit page. Use it wisely :)

I know this feature, but i do not want to switch context. I would like to do the bulk edit within the backlog view same like change multiple issues epic. 

Like # people like this
Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

@Maximilian Leistner

Specifically from the backlog view, the only way i am aware of would be to open issue search, then use the backlog status and board in the JQL query, i.e. project = project name AND status = backlog status name

In older versions i could right click on multiple selected issues and choose the bulk edit option. 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-12 um 16.46.30.png

Like # people like this
Peter Flynn July 25, 2019

Right click works great for me!  (My company is on 7.13)

Like Zandrea likes this
0 votes
labudis January 3, 2020

Is there a solution to this? Just setup JIRA after 2 years of not using it and don't seem to be able to find a way to do this.

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

Hi @Maximilian Leistner

it's possible to do this, you can simply follow this procedure and navigate to "How to move multiple issues".

Let me know if you have any questions, 

--Alexis

I know this feature, but i do not want to switch context. I would like to do the bulk edit within the backlog view same like change multiple issues epic. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer