It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Board created as Scrum when Kanban was selected at setup

I created a new Next-Gen project and selected the Kanban board template, however when I went through to the board that had been created it was the Scrum board (To Do, In Progress, Done).  It doesn't allow me to enable "days in column" metrics and I much of the other board management doesn't seem to be available.  How do I change my board from Scrum to Kanban with a Next-Gen project, and why do we not have the admin functionality we usually have with boards (I'm an administrator and board administrator).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Huia Parker

The boards are pretty similar and interchangeable in Next-Gen - to make changes to what components are available on your board:

• Select Project Settings (on left-hand menu) > Features
  • Toggle different components on-and-off - for example, sprints

^ As it is Next-Gen, the Kanban and Scrum templates come with the same base statuses to begin with, so the columns you have received are correct.

It is also limited on the board settings which haven't yet been released. A few basic releases have been made here (for example, viewing labels on board cards) - but the main bulk is tracked via this suggestion: JSWCLOUD-17331

You can also view what is coming up via the Public Roadmap

If you're looking for more expansive board settings and a differing Kanban template, you'll need to use classic projects.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

233 views 2 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you