• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Best way to get the roadmap view of Epics in Classic projects

I'm using Cloud.

I tried to use the NextGen project because I liked the Roadmap view. But there are to many things missing. Like quickfilters on the Roadmap bord.

What is the best way to get the Roadmap view in classic projects. 

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Veera Atlassian Team Jan 20, 2020

Hi @eirikurg 

This is a highly sought after feature we have been tracking here: JSWCLOUD-17214

As @Fernando Bordallo said, it's not available at the moment in Classic project. Hope it'll be made available in future.

Hi @eirikurg

It's not available, but there are some options:

• Board: Might seem simple, but a board can be a simple method of visualising Epic progress. Set up a board with just the Epics showing and track progress across the columns. To see the break-down of work, click on an Epic and view it in the Issue Panel.
  • Roadmap Planner: This is a Confluence macro where you can plot a simple roadmap. It's not auto-updated but it can provide a simple, bar-chart view of inputed information.
  • Jira Road Map: Another Confluence macro, this shows upcoming releases rather than issues. FixVersions are a good alternative to show work batches and expected deliverables broken down into Done vs Not Done
  • Jira Portfolio: Whilst Portfolio is a capacity tool, it still provides a good view of timeframes for each level of the issue hierarchy - including Epics. Dates can be set via the capacity calculator or manually using target dates. See Portfolio here.
  • Marketplace: There is going to be a whole set of roadmap tools you could use - check out a search I did here.

Ste

0 votes

Hello @eirikurg

I'm sorry to tell you that the Roadmaps feature is only available in next gen projects and will not be available in classic in the foreseeable future.

The features you are missing in next gen will gradually be delivered or replaced with newer, more powerful experiences.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

5,239 views 5 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you