Auto Archive of Next-Gen Issues?

Cooper Pellaton January 22, 2020

My status: I have a JIRA next-gen board with plenty of issues.

My problem: Issues in the last column, labelled "Complete" are not automatically removed after 14 days per the documentation. For example, here is an issue that was last updated on November 26, 2019, that is still in my "Complete" column.

Why this is important? Completed and now non-relevant issues make it difficult for me to easily triage my board and see the state of the current project.

Example: Screen_Shot_2020-01-22_at_14_48_40.pngScreen_Shot_2020-01-22_at_14_48_49.png

1 answer

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hi @Cooper Pellaton 

1. Can you please confirm if you have enabled 'Sprints' feature in your project?

2. Can you also check your board's default filter settings?

Cooper Pellaton January 22, 2020
  1. Sprints are disabled. We only use this board in true KanBan fashion to report bugs and track them down.
  2.  I've attached a screenshot of the "rules" we have enabled on the board. Beyond this all the other filter settings are default, i.e. there are no search filters enabled.Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 17.36.51.png
Desmond Foo March 26, 2020

Hi @Lenin Raj ,

I'm looking for similar answer like Cooper, if sprint is not enabled (we're using Jira as a kanban board), will the done issues auto-archive after 14 days?

If not, is there any recommended work-around please? Thanks for your help in advance!

Suggest an answer