Add a client to "one" project!

Ulrich Ganzhorn January 27, 2020

Hi all, 

i hope there is a easy solution fo my problem.

I want to add my client for one (of many projects) in my jira cloud (next gen project). When i add my client, he see all my projects! What´s the problem?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

All the other projects have the "browse project permission" set to Any logged in user. The permission sheme of those projects have to be changed to only show users which are added to the correct role.

thanks a lot !!!!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

In order to grant access to one project you need to put in order all of them.

I suggest you take the time and define roles and permissions to each of them and apply that on a permission scheme across the environment.  Takes some time and requires input from several members usually but in the end you will know better who can do what on each project. Specially if you use groups to grant access to each project role.

Once that's in place it should be pretty straightforward to add a single user to a project

yes, thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events