Looking to Upgrade from Next Gen Standard to Premium and have some questions

Tim Tidmarsh August 6, 2020

We're hoping to gain the following by upgrading to Jira Cloud Premium and want to confirm that we can get these and see if anyone has helpful tips for employing:

1.  What If Scenario Analysis.

2.  Connect issues to code in Github

3.  Capacity Management / Resource Utilization

4.  Time Tracking

5. Advanced Reporting

6.  Dashboards

7.  Advance Road Mapping

1 comment

Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

Hey @Tim Tidmarsh , Thanks for commenting. When you upgrade to Jira Software Premium you get access to Advanced Roadmaps, which can help with:

• What-if scenario analysis 
  • Team-level capacity planning
  • Cross-team, cross-project (advanced) roadmapping 

*Although it's important to note Advanced Roadmaps doesn't support next-gen projects at this time, only classic projects.

For connecting issues to code, that is available on all Jira Software plans, you would just integrate your git provider with Jira. If you're on Premium, you'll be able to do more automation between git and Jira (for example, whenever a pull request is approved, you could transition an issue to done).

For time tracking and advanced reporting, I'd recommend looking for 3rd party apps in our marketplace.

Like Kelly Drozd likes this

Hi Josh, thanks for your reply.  So we're only concerned with Next Gen Premium.  You're saying Advance Roadmaps is NOT available in Next-Gen Cloud Premium, just want to confirm.

So in looking at our wish list would you say Jira Classic will get us to what we want vs. Jira Next Gen Premium?

Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

@Tim Tidmarsh next-gen is a project template within Jira Software. There is only Jira Software Premium, which includes a handful of features (learn more here). All of these features support both next-gen and classic except for Advanced Roadmaps. Based on your needs for capacity planning, what-if scenario analysis and advanced roadmapping, I would recommend checking out the classic projects. Also if you're an existing customer all our plans are available to try for free for 1-month, so I'd recommend starting a trial to see if the advanced features meet your needs. 

Thanks Josh, is there a pre-sales support number I can call?

Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
August 6, 2020

@Tim Tidmarsh We don't have a number, but I'd recommend contacting us via this form and one of our advocates will engage with you to answer any sales related questions you have: https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/product-evaluator-advice

Tim Tidmarsh August 7, 2020

Josh, I have another question.  When I create a Story have the Linked Issues field to indicate if it's blocked by another issue.  But after I create the story and edit it, I don't see the linked field anymore.  How do I add this field?

Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2020

@Tim Tidmarsh Sorry for the delay in reply. You will only see the linked issues field in the "Edit Issue" screen if you have linked an issue. To link an issue to their existing issue, they need to use the buttons at the top of the issue (the ones underneath the issue's title and number). Otherwise the field is hidden by default.  Still there, just not displayed.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events