Jira Workflow change: not even able to start

Stefano Bruno October 25, 2019

Hi all,

I've created a new agile type project but I am not happy :(

I am not able to do specific change, like workflow change, but I am supposed to be jira administrator here.

In detail, when following these instruction, I cannot see in step 2. the "Workflow schemes" to click:

Activating a workflow

All workflows are inactive until you associate them with a workflow scheme, which can then be associated with a project. To activate a workflow: 

1. Select the Jira icon (, or ) > Jira settings > Issues.
  2. Click Workflow schemes.
  3. Either click Add workflow scheme or edit an active workflow scheme. 

What have I to do?

Stefano

2 comments

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2019

URL should be something like this

https://yourcompany.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewWorkflowSchemes.jspa

That should take you quickly to the workflow schemes and right on top (on the left of the screen you will see the workflows as well)

2019-10-25 10_30_01-Workflow schemes - Jira.png

If you are on a next gen project, it might be limited about what you can do check the following link to convert the project as a classic one

Stefano Bruno October 28, 2019

Thanks!

But this link access to URL was not permitted to me and I have no entry in any menu to reach it.

Is seems I am not project administrator, altough i create it  as next gen project.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

You might be able to create projects but you need to be jira admin to config workflow schemes, you are missing that permission

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2019

Hi @Stefano Bruno   did this help you solve your issue? do you need any extra assistance? would be good to mark this as solved if it's really the case

Stefano Bruno October 29, 2019

Solved

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2019

Great,glad to hear that. There should be a button to reflect this on this post. Call me obsessive but I always go back to post I don't see as solved to see what's left to do. Would be nice to see this one out off the list. :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events