Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

How do I make an existing issue a child in Agile?

We often have tickets (Stories, Tasks) that we need to retroactively add to an Epic in Agile.

I can link it (blocked by, etc.) but those don't show as Child items and hence don't work on the Agile board.

Anyone know how to do this?

2 comments

From the Board, you can open the context menu (three dots icon) on an issue badge and select "Add to Epic/Change Epic".

From the Backlog, you can select multiple issues and do the same thing.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks - that works but is, unfortunately, tedious vs. being able to do it from within the Epic, etc.

Hopefully there is another mechanism on the way

Meanwhile there is another workaround: Group the board by epics and drag the issue to the epic you like to assign it to. 

You can also command-click on the board to select multiple items, then click the three dots to add to epic. Or do a few batch items. 

dank Atlassian Team Oct 01, 2018

Hi Paul,

This is a use-case we know we need to cater for, and we're currently working on providing an easy way to view and manipulate this relationship from within the context of a child item (story, task etc.) so stay tuned 🙂

Any update on this Daniel ?

I am looking to create child deliverables and sub-tasks for a next-gen Jira project that I have setup.

@dank , any news on this? Would be helpful to know. Thanks

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

4,715 views 5 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you