How Can I Break 9 years work into 7 manageable departments to achieve a MVP?

Georgiana Costache May 24, 2020

it is all in the title 

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2020

We can't really help you with that.  One sentence is not enough to tell us about the size or scope of the work, what you're trying to achieve, where you are at the moment, what people and teams you have available or would like to set up, your processes, procedures, organisational environment or culture and so-on.  A hint towards what you might be building would help a bit probably - Spaceship?  Batmobile?  Skynet? 

I couldn't even tell you if you should go for a swathe of independent projects with freedom to be as Waterfall, Agile, or other, as they want, or set up a small number of projects matching large teams, or a project per team with a strng scaled agile framework, or, or, or...

(Edit: Sorry, I should have said this when I first answered)

We would like to help, but this could be anything from a bit of advice from the community through to a full-on business consultancy project.

If you could give us more information, we can start to give some advice and maybe size whether it is a bit of advice or a mini-project in itself.

Like Georgiana Costache likes this
Georgiana Costache May 27, 2020

I absolutely love the batmobile and all the other metaphors. 

Right now I am only trying to build a small IOT mirror for my MSc, unfortunately since I was in my 12th grade I have not touched any programming, plus the programing I knew back in the day and I am afraid to approach now was C, and I have no clue how to get started in small chunks. 

Does this clear it?

Looking forward to your beloved answer.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2020

Not sure how that translates into your original questions, but I would keep this one simple - presumably you've got some tasks you need to do to get going on your project - I'd create a Jira project to hold and track those.  If you discover you need many teams of people working on different things, possibly in different ways, give them their own projects.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events