You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

44 comments

patrickt010
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

@Kevin Jones Yep, versions are on our list. 

Uday Joshi October 7, 2018

Cool feature!! You guys rock! :)

--- March 26, 2019

Hi @Martin Varga 
I can't see the big image, please see the attachments

1. The closed card
2. The attachment (I can't even see the icons and "show on card"

Could you help me, please?

It's on a Kanban board

1.png2.png

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2019

@--- I believe you are using a classic project. The images on cards is only available for the next-gen projects...

--- March 26, 2019

Thanks @Martin Varga What's the difference between classic and Next Gen? any link to see that?

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2019
Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2019

@DM 
The main problem I'm having is that issues with images now look more important than the ones without images.

That is a good insight. Thanks for this feedback!

Tom Carmony May 31, 2019

Right now, it looks like the only members of a next-gen project that have the ability to toggle cover images on/off are admins, and that change applies to all members of that project. Are there any plans to make this cover image toggle an option on a per-user basis? Some members of our team love having the cover images displayed, others hate it.

This really seems like it could/should be a user-selectable option.  

Like Martin Varga likes this
Andreas Hagglund June 30, 2019

is this available on server edition as well?
I cant figure out how to enable it?

Hector Gomes September 13, 2019

Hello! Why doesn't Atlassian provide this same image preview (Applied for NextGen, inherited from Trello) for classic Jira projects too? See how confusing is the current he visualization:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 23.06.37.png

Juan Nicolas Moreno October 10, 2019

I have a classic project and we need the preview. 

Is there possible to upgrade the classic project to a next-gen one?

hosam.almutwia February 6, 2020

Hi, Is this available on classic projects? or is it only for next-gen projects? 

Tracy CHEUNG October 29, 2020

May I know if image on issues only available for Issues but not sub-tasks? As we can't see any "Show on Card" in sub-task.

Anyway, it's really a great improvement! Super cooool!

Holly French November 25, 2020

Is there a way to permanently hide cover images from board view?  It seems that every time I go to the board I have to toggle the hide cover images in board settings in order to hide them.  I'd like to hide them once and then always be hidden, unless I decide to toggle them back on.   I am using JIRA next-gen in chrome.  

Ahmet Kilic December 9, 2020

Is it difficult this feature in the classic project? 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1030794

Ryan McDonald February 19, 2021

Is this still in JIRA? I'm trying to put something like this together for Asset tracking in a Kanban board, but the best I can get is a heavily-cropped image on the card. Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 2.57.59 PM.png

John May 14, 2021

It's SO weird (and frustrating) that this is only allowed on one type of project but not others. 

Like # people like this
Jairo July 23, 2021

So why only the admin has the right to display or not images on the tickets? I created a board and I have the right to delete any issue in there... should also be able to take tis decision. It's annoying to see the thumbnails all the time. I'm the UX designer of my team so I have to attach images to every ticket.

Paul Fleer November 8, 2021

Is this option available on Company-managed projects?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events