Next-gen projects "Features" project setting

The best part about next-gen Jira Software projects is the ability to enable and disable features, allowing you to scale your project as your team grows, and tailor your project to your team’s changing needs. For example, if you’re a small team that only needs a board, you can turn off Sprints and Backlog. Or if you’re a growing team that needs more power, you can turn on Estimations and Reports.

features - optimized.gif

(please note that burnup and velocity reports are available now in next-gen, and more reports will be built soon) 

To enable and disable features:

1. Navigate to your next-gen project.

2. Select Project settings in the project menu on the left.

Project settings1.png 
  3. Select Features.

We’ll be adding more features in the future, so keep an eye out!

Interested in what's coming next? Please visit the public roadmap

New to next-gen projects in Jira Software Cloud? Check out this guide to getting started with next-gen projects

Would like to know a lot more about next-gen? Watch the new Jira begins now

402 comments

Linda Walmer July 6, 2018

I believe this is all for CLOUD and not SERVER, right?  Please be much more explicit about this, it will save some of us a lot of time.

Like # people like this
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2018

@Linda Walmer Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry that we didn't clearly communicate which features are coming to Cloud versus Server. You're correct that this is for Jira Software Cloud customers only and we've updated this page accordingly. We'll make sure to be more explicit in our future communication. 

Like # people like this
Mark Robinson July 11, 2018

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE ESTIMATION ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 

Like # people like this

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE EPICS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Like # people like this
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2018

@Mark Robinson Thanks for your suggestion. We understand that estimation is one of the key capabilities for agile teams and we plan to deliver it in the near future. Are you looking for story point or time estimation?

In the meantime, if you're using agility board with your team, I'd love to chat about your experience. If you're interested, book time to chat with me here

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Atlassian Product Manageer

Like # people like this

@Erika Sa hey thanks for the reply! Saw estimation was coming soon so I was suggesting it in a light hearted way but story point estimation would be great. Do you guys have a ball-park timeline for estimation?

It would be cool to open your road map up to your users so they could see what's in the pipeline.

Have to say, super impressed with the Agility template so far and as someone who moved away from Jira (to Trello, which acquisition you guys seem to have put to good use!) because of it's complexity, it's convincing me to want to come back.

Happy to chat after using the board for a few weeks / sprints.  Keep up the good work.

Like # people like this
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
July 11, 2018

@Mark Robinson That's great news! Love to hear that your team is enjoying the experience. 

While we can't commit to any specific dates, we will be more open with what's coming in the future. Watch this page if you want latest news. It will be updated every month to let you guys know of exciting new features or important bug fixes. 

Looking forward to our chat in a few weeks, you can always find the link to interview calendar on the top of this page. Also, please encourage your team to share their thoughts using the feedback button on the sidebar. Every piece of feedback is hugely valuable to us and we read through them one by one everyday to build better experience. 

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Robin Speekenbrink July 18, 2018

Some some reason our cloud account _does_ not include the agility type project? I can see alot of project types when creating a new project in our JIRA Cloud environment, but agility isn't one of them...

I'be been searching for the instructions on how to enable it, but can't find it anywhere... Am i missing something?

thnx

Like # people like this
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
July 18, 2018

Hi @Robin Speekenbrink 

I'm sorry for your inconvenience. I have a few ideas why you are having trouble creating an agility project.

1. Agility project is a Jira Software feature and is not available on Jira Core. If you see Scrum project as one of the options upon project creation, you're on Jira Software. If not, you're on Jira Core. 

2. If you're on Jira Software, your Jira administrator may have disabled your organization from creating agility project independently. In this case, contact your admin and he or she can enable it in under global permission.

If this doesn't help, please reach out to me at esa@atlassian.com, and I'll help you resolve this. 

Cheers

Like # people like this
Ben Smithart July 24, 2018

Love the new Agility board so far!

What should we do for tickets that pile up in Done? Obviously I don't want to delete them, but there doesn't seem to be a defined way to hide/archive them.

Like # people like this
Rachel July 24, 2018

Hi, I am trying to work out why "Issue types" is missing from my Project Settings under my new Agility project. I have Details, People & Features but am missing Issue Types (as shown in all your screenshots from February to May). The only other difference from your screenshots is that your screenshots say "<- Settings" whereas mine say "<- Project Settings", but they look identical apart from that.

So of course I am unable to get to the Issue Types new features shown on 23 July. Any idea what I need to do to get Issue Types to show up in my settings? Thanks!

Like # people like this
Stefan July 26, 2018

@Rachel I'm facing similar issues. I can't access reports, rules and issue types.

Like # people like this
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2018

Hi @Rachel@Stefan 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please file a support ticket here and one of our engineers will follow up with you shortly. If you have any more problems, please let me know.

Cheers

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2018

Hi @Ben Smithart

Agility project is set up to automatically remove issues in the last column every 14 days to help teams manage completed work. You can search for removed issues by simply clicking "Looking for older issue?" button at the bottom of your last column.

We are also looking into how we can give manual controls to users. If you'd like to give your input, please follow this link to set up some time with us. We'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Atlassian product manager

Like # people like this
C.J. (Clay) Burns July 26, 2018

Like # people like this
C.J. (Clay) Burns July 26, 2018

How does everyone else deal with the lack of epics presently? 

Like # people like this
Joe Mayer July 27, 2018

It is not ideal but I have worked around his by creating epic issue types and linking tasks using the standard linking functionality. Is there a time line on when proper epic linking will be available?

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Julien Femia
Atlassian Team
July 29, 2018

@C.J. (Clay) Burns Estimation using story points is definitely something we're currently working on. Expect the feature to start appearing soon :)

Is there a time line on when proper epic linking will be available?

@Joe MayerWe're currently working hard to provide a brand new experience for epics in agility projects. Stay tuned for more information in the next couple of months.

Hi, can I migrate a project that's using agility boards to the other types? Right now we have one project using agility boards and I'd like to start using epics and other advanced features. Can it be "upgraded" to a regular project?

@Adam Zadikoff You can create another project, and move all of the issues you have in your agility projects into this new project:

1. Perform a search with the required filters to produce a list of issues.
  2. Click more (•••) > Bulk Change all <n> issues.
  3. Select the issues you'd like to move, and click Next.

4. Select Move Issues, and click Next.
  5. Enter the requested information for the issues you're moving. 

6. Review all the changes and click Confirm

Like # people like this
Nathalia Hurst July 30, 2018

Hi, I'm trying out the agile project and I wanted to configure workflow triggers but I'm not sure if it uses any workflow schemes... Is there a place where I can configure the workflow for an agile project or is that not supported? If not, do you plan on making it available eventually?

Thanks!

Like # people like this
patrickt010
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2018

@Nathalia Hurst The workflow is currently configured via creating and managing columns on the board. We currently support smart commits within agility projects but we do not yet support more advanced triggers around branching, pull requests or reviews. We plan to support more advanced workflow configuration in the future.

Like # people like this
Mark Robinson August 13, 2018

Few bits of feedback regarding backlog. It would be helpful if you could:

• filter by label
  • show labels on each item in the backlog 

For example:

• I have created a user story "XYZ" for both iOS and Android
  • Android has completed the ticket
  • A sprint ends
  • I have the duplicate ticket "XYZ" in my backlog
  • I don't know if it's for iOS and Android on first glance and can't prioritise accordingly without having to dig into previous sprints etc.

Hope that helps

Cheers.

Mark

Like # people like this
Maciej Połoński August 14, 2018

Hi the support for add-ons in Agility issues is a request I should make for you or for the add-on vendor? :) (I mean Tempo Timesheets and Planning specifically).

Like # people like this
patrickt010
Atlassian Team
August 14, 2018

@Maciej Połoński Thanks for your feedback! This is a known issue and something that we are working on addressing currently. There is no need to raise this with the vendor. We will update this page when we've added support for marketplace apps to agility projects. 

Like # people like this
Maciej Połoński August 15, 2018

@patrickt010 great, looking forward to the update, thanks! Btw, the Agility Projects look great already :)

Like Hao_Yiting likes this
Daniel Zimmerman August 15, 2018

Any updates on when Epics are coming back? It would be really awesome to have ASAP.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events