Next-gen projects "Features" project setting

402 comments

James Harwood November 26, 2018

Have Next-gen projects been abandoned already? There haven't been any releases since the end of October and no one seems to be answering any questions about suggested changes?

Like # people like this
Dave Holdsworth November 26, 2018

What date can we expect Sub tasks? been coming soon since October?

Like # people like this
Christian Lewis November 26, 2018

When are the vital reports being added?

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2018

@Christian Lewis which reports are vital for you? 

@Dave Holdsworth I don't have a specific date, but they are high on our list and being actively worked now.

@James Harwood Sometimes we can deliver new features and sometimes we have to deliver things that improve the next-gen projects but are not directly visible. But we should get better at answering your questions!

Like FabioCalo likes this
Christian Lewis November 26, 2018

@Martin Varga

Well the common reports (Sprint Report/Burndown)

Hopefully, new types of custom reporting will be available such as - Sprint breakdown of epics based on story points (not the number of epics) over a period of 6 months. Currently the legacy JIRA can only show epic links based on the number of issues

johnny wyatt November 26, 2018

@Martin Varga 

I find it very ironic that there are no dates for the features on the roadmap. The purpose of the roadmap is to allow for coordination with other teams. This is really just a prioritized list of things Jira might have someday. It would be very helpful if there were dates on the "roadmap".

Like # people like this
Hector Castillo November 27, 2018

HI! Is there a way to customize card layout in next gen projects? In classic I could find the option in Board settings

Like Iwan Sanders likes this
Dinesh Ayyappan November 27, 2018

Hello Atlassian, @Hannah McKenzie,

The next-gen project is really cool. However, we as a department could not migrate to next-gen yet, as it appears there is no workflow customization and fix version feature yet. is there a plan to add them both in near term that helps make our move accordingly. if these features are not going to be available, please share that as well as we might consider re-thinking our process.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Like Shabba likes this
Meredith Hogarth November 28, 2018

Just to confirm, the new next-get projects are only available for Jira Software and not Jira Core, is that correct? Will this be added to Jira Core? 

James Harwood December 4, 2018

Dear Santa,

For Christmas please can I have Subtasks and Customer Epic Colours in Jira next-gen projects.

I know its a big ask, but it is the season of miracles and I have been a good boy this year.

Thanks

James

Like # people like this
Felipe Guerrero December 4, 2018

Hey, Is there any reason not be able to migrate trello boards as classic projects? -jira only allows me to migrate in that new framework next generation, and I can't see epics and versions beside sprints and backlog, also I can't configure my board or current sprint as the classic view.

Brianna Barnes December 7, 2018

So one of my teams discovered that one of their self made issue types isn't working when they drag and drop to rank their tickets on their board in the new next gen project. I've looked at all the settings I can and I can't seem to figure out how to change it. Is this something that they now don't have control over?

Tony Brackins December 19, 2018

Ok, so I was rocking and rolling with Next-Gen. Then I realized, SUB-TASKS were removed! Those are essential for my business, would love if they were added back!

Like # people like this
John Acyba December 19, 2018

Would be perfect if priority could be displayed on the backlog view (next-gen version). 
I miss this a lot :-( 

Carina Verdugo December 27, 2018

When we will be able to link tasks in next gen version to Confluence pages??

The task's documentation (especification, use cases) have to be linked in the issue.

Rene Davis January 2, 2019

I would love to be able to customize what shows on the cards on a next Gen board.  Also to be able to determine the order that the Epics appear when the board is sorted by Epic (or at least have some sort of field that the user knows drives this order - it currently seems random).

Pamela Carcovich January 3, 2019

Where is the time tracking? I don´t find it. 

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 3, 2019

What's the status of the Next-gen project? No updates since October 30 has me concerned that we won't be seeing some very crucial functionality like sub-tasks and build/deploy integrations, any time soon. It would be great to hear a status update from an Atlassian Team member to help guide our expectations going forward.

Like # people like this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2019

Hi @[deleted]. I'm a Product Manager working on the next-gen projects. I can confirm we're still busily working away on next-gen!

In the last couple of months leading up to the new year, we have been focusing on stability and performance over feature development. We are as eager as most people to continue building out the power that exists in classic projects, and we want to balance this with ensuring what we have built is polished. Velocity has also slowed over the holidays as you would expect.

I can assure you next-gen projects are the future for projects within Jira and that sub-tasks and build/deploy integrations are two of the initiatives we have in progress right now. I hope this helps alleviate your concerns.

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 7, 2019

That's great to hear, @Eoin, thanks for the update.

James Harwood January 8, 2019

@Eoin Ryan and idea of a rough eta for subtasks?

Eoin
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2019

@James HarwoodWe try to work based on a broad set of objectives rather than setting deadlines for specific feature development. As a result timelines tend to change which could lead to any ETA / expectation given here not being met.

Instead I can confirm we are working on subtasks right now and it will be the next major next-gen project feature delivered. Although I would recommend any team that needs subtasks now to create a classic project. 

I hope this helps.

Jacob Hebert January 8, 2019

@Eoin Ryan

It seems that Next-Gen is pre-beta. It is far, FAR from feature parity with classic projects. You should not have released. This is not a finished project.

Like Jeanette Irons likes this
Jeanette Irons January 8, 2019

I have to agree with you Jacob. We found out the hard way.  We started using JIRA for the first time thinking that Next-Gen would be the best that Jira would have to offer.  It was far from it.  We have now moved our project to the classic version (that was a bit of a pain) and have realised that Next-Gen is missing a lot of functionality and flexibility.  

Generally, JIRA is not the easiest tool to configure...I would like to see standard JIRA templates that you could then tailor to what your project team needs by dragging and dropping fields into the template.

Printing options are also very restricted. This could all be improved.

James Harwood January 9, 2019

@Eoin I wasn't asking for a deadline, just a rough idea, as some of us have already (perhaps in error in hindsight!) started using next-gen projects, in the belief that things which were missing would be added pretty quickly. According to the roadmap there have been no new features released since 30 October last year?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events