Next-gen projects "Features" project setting

402 comments

johnny wyatt October 31, 2018

Overall, I think the new projects will be easier to use and configure. It is interesting that the roadmap has no dates associated with it. The point of the roadmap is to allow planning for dependencies, yet without the release date, this is impossible.

It seems that we are gradually turning Agile back into Gantt planning. I'm not even really saying that this is bad. I just think it is interesting. At the end of the day, whoever is paying the bills wants to know when they are going to get the thing done.

Richard November 1, 2018

Is there a way to view or even reopen closed Stories/Task etc..?

The are times when it is needed to review what happened in a sprint that has been completed.

Thank you

Paul Alexandru Zah November 1, 2018

@Richard I usually use Reports for this - you need to enable the feature though in "Project Settings" -> Features. While I would normally use a Sprint Report for this, I only see Burnup and Velocity reports in the Next-Gen Projects atm - Burnup Report has links to Issues within each sprint.

Carmen Lo November 2, 2018

How can we create a roadmap commenced last year?

Sandeep Shouche November 3, 2018

I don't see a Reports link anywhere. where is it?

Scott Lorimor November 5, 2018

I've been exploring this for a week now, and I think it's a tremendous improvement. I am curious if you'll be releasing the ability to display labels in the backlog? It really helps us at a quick glance know how to balance our internal team work vs. external requests from other stakeholders. 

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2018

@Sandeep Shouche Reports must be enabled first in the Project settings ⚙️ -> Features.

Lior Weinstock November 6, 2018

I am trying to add subtask's to stories, is that a capability available here?

Like # people like this
Bohdan Pavlyshenko November 8, 2018

I need priority field to be displayed on backlog items so not to open each item to view priority.

Like # people like this
Oskar Collin November 8, 2018

Can't find any information on how to work with releases in the next-gen projects. It's really nice to be able to release issues that is moved to done.

Like # people like this
Patrick Henry November 9, 2018

The next gen boards, seem to have a lot of missing features like release;

Releases

components

much better reports

is there a new way of doing this or these on your roadmap to bring out?

Thank you.

Like # people like this
Crystal Varela November 9, 2018

@Lior Weinstock If you go to the Project Settings, you can add issue types there. That is where you create the subtask issue type. It is not automatically created, but it is available.

Koert Moreau November 11, 2018

How to opt out of these un-invited product features, that mess up all existing project customizations? 

Dylan November 13, 2018

I just noticed that screen recordings created on a Mac won't play/preview when attached to an issue in a next-gen project. It is a simple .mov file (around 1.5 MB). I think this worked in the old Jira. What kind of video content is currently supported in next-gen? And what is planned? thx

Like Nathan Knisley likes this
Service Team November 13, 2018

Hi there!

This is RS QA, Everything is good. But the story feature is not well to maintain some more ticket. 

* I need to create a story and an add the subtasks (a lot of tasks are there)

* Each and every time want to create a new ticket and it will be showing a lot of ticket on my board. 

* This is not a wealthy feature. 

Jacob Hebert November 14, 2018

Why was time logging removed from the web client? I can still log time worked against tasks on the iOS app but not on the webpage, which is usually what I use when I'm doing work..

Marina Vytovtova November 14, 2018

I would love to be able to prepopulate description with a template for some of my issue types.  I believe currently this can only be done with a plugin and not in cloud solution.

Andrew Kendris November 14, 2018

So far I think it’s a great start.

Transitioning to an environment that is managed by the project team has helped free up resources for our admins that are deep in the weeds of more complex projects. 

In addition to the above findings, one other frustration my team has encountered in the next gen Jira is the missing “mentions” field that displays where you can see the issue in other locations (such as Confluence). 

Looking forward to seeing what’s upcoming on Atlassian’s roadmap. 

James Harwood November 15, 2018

Any idea when we are likely to get sub tasks? Its been saying 'coming soon' on the Jira Software Roadmap for weeks now. 

Like FabioCalo likes this
Drew Russell November 15, 2018

I release a ton of macros and work log on classic allowed me to input a code box along with the estimation of time it took to write that macro. Please keep this as it also allows for easier code reviews. Right now the code block in comments breaks if the macro has any formatting or is too long. :(

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

Does anyone know how notification schemes can be configured with this new setting?

I cannot find it under project setting anymore.

Michael Brown November 16, 2018

I don't see an option to create Tasks off of a story. I can create tasks, but they aren't linked to their parent story. Related, I can't set my swimlane to be story based with the tasks underneath. But I guess I'd need to have subtasks in order to have a story based swimlan :(

Rihab Ben Aicha November 18, 2018

My JIRA board looks very ugly. The way the multi-levels hierarchy are being visualized is very bad. Story-> tasks -> sub-tasks. Why would all of these appear on the same level when I'm not expecting these to be on the same level? Can anyone help on this?

Mag Shum November 18, 2018

Would be great to be able to add sections and dependencies on roadmap. 

Nilay Desai November 23, 2018

Hi, How do I create a report to show details of each item under each epic on the road map?

In addition I want to add makers for releases on the road map, how can I achieve this?

Thanks

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events