Next-gen projects "Features" project setting

402 comments

Stuart Walker January 29, 2019

@Eoin Ryan Will you be adding versions and releases to next gen jira soon? This is probably the one thing stopping us from switching over.

Like Brian likes this
Victor Vanichkov January 30, 2019

Guys, I read before that Next-gen project can't log work time. I would like to ask about the list of features that could be developed when I can see them and how I can influence as user for fast developed?

Because my team and I are very appreciate of functionality of boards in next-gen project bit management of tasks is abcent in comparison with classic Jira project.

JMcDonnell January 30, 2019

Hi,

I can see two useful features here: Roadmap and the long waited function to filter by EPIC on the Agile Board - so useful.

I would like to know WHY these were never implemented on Classic projects:
YES to Server: Leave it to a paid add on  
YES to next Gen: Free with next Gen
NO to Cloud Classic but WHY? 

Thank you,

Jimmy

Mohamed Hamza February 1, 2019

Yes no Yes yes but sometimes no
-Are you ready kozbara?
 =Yes, hangra.

-On your position, my mate 

Lukáš Pikora February 7, 2019

@Danielle You don't have the same functionality (add issue directly to board) because you have Sprints feature enabled. This is probably design decision made by Atlassian team because adding issues to running sprint is something agains sprint methodology. Still it is pretty confusing. First I think it is a bug after turning sprints on :(

Danielle February 7, 2019

@Lukáš Pikora I have a feature request in for this - Thanks :)

MarekSpalek February 13, 2019

I think required fields were part of the public roadmap, but now they are gone from roadmap. Is this by mistake or you dont have any plans to make such a functionality in near future?

Like Swaney likes this
MarekSpalek February 13, 2019

Also I noticed that Project lead attribute is missing in next-gen project settings. Is this something you want to add later or do we need to figure out some workaround to set project leaders?

Христиана Петкова February 14, 2019

Hey guys! Will there be an option for auto-assigning of issues to a certain person in next-gen projects?

Like Martin Schenk likes this
Христиана Петкова February 14, 2019

Hey @MarekSpalek! Thank you for the quick reply. I tried this option, but it only lets me auto-assign, when switching issues from one column to another. However, when I create the issue it won't auto-assign it. 

Like Martin Schenk likes this
MarekSpalek February 14, 2019

@Христиана Петкова Oh I see, I actually never tried it 😀 I was thinking that if there is some rule for To-do column it also applies for task creation. Sorry, my mistake.

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2019

@MarekSpalek for required fields, we had hoped to complete required fields but we ran into some dependency issues that we didn't know about when we had first added it to the public roadmap.  We have reverted this piece of work to the backlog until we resolve those issues. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are going to be more cautious with adding items to the public roadmap going forward to try avoid this situation.

Holger Winkelmann February 22, 2019

Are there any plans in Next Gen Projects to support a proper Kanban pull concept which would require grouped columns each with a Done Status for the given columns. Without that proper pull will always fail.

The discussion was also here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Multiple-status-in-each-column-on-Kanban/qaq-p/375514

For us this is one reason not yet moved over to Jira (Cloud) yet.

Brian February 26, 2019

Version/Release in Roadmap please!!

Like MarekSpalek likes this
Jenny Wanger February 26, 2019

I've had some tickets sitting in "done" for over 25 days now.... I thought "Done" was supposed to auto-archive after 14 days? Any ideas why this might be happening? 

Like snilloc likes this
Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

@Jenny Wanger - we're looking into this now. Will update shortly :) 

Cheers, Bree - Jira PM

Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
February 26, 2019

@Jenny Wanger could you please check if there has been any activity on your issues sitting in done recently? (You can do this by looking at the history tab on an issue you think should have already been archived).

The way board clearing works is that the 14 day counter resets after any change is made to an issue, and this could include things like someone starting to watch the issue or link an issue from a Confluence page.

Please let me know how you get on. 

Cheers,
Bree

Jenny Wanger February 27, 2019

@Bree Davies last activity of any sort on one of the tickets was Jan 29, when it was moved to Done. 

Martin Schenk March 6, 2019

The Roadmap-View isnt visible in the mobile App, when "Backlog"-Feature is not active.
On Desktop i dont have to use the Backlog feature for using the Roadmap. But when i do enable the Backlog feature, i have to drag every new story manually onto the board, because by default it will be placed in the backlog... And nevertheless in the mobile App i dont see the real Portfolio, just a list of the Epics...

Xer Cha March 6, 2019

How do I close out or archive "done" tasks so they no longer show up on the board? They are starting to pile up. 

Like snilloc likes this
Lukáš Pikora March 6, 2019

@Xer Cha There is no way how to close done task and remove it from board. They will disappear automatically after 14 days.

Alternatively you can turn on sprints feature and than closing sprint removes done tasks from board. But be aware, when you turn on sprints, you will be unable to add task directly to board :(

There are a lot of request for this feature but there is no feedback from Jira team if they are planning implementing this.

Like snilloc likes this
Luz Silverio March 10, 2019

Hi, 
I've also been navigating next-gen today and it seems straight forward at first, but I can't seem to see on where to sort or re-arrange the fields especially the standard ones that aren't visible at the "Issue Type" available field settings such as "Summary", "Description", "Attachment/s" and rest.

Thanks,

Luz

Propzy VN March 11, 2019

How to start parallel sprints in next-gen?

Cleber Passanante Costa March 11, 2019

Hey guys, are you planning on inserting "workflows" to the next-gen JIRA projects? If so, when?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events