Next-gen projects "Features" project setting

402 comments

Michael_Mikail January 21, 2020

Hi all,

I'm offering my experience from the perspective of a novice Jira user, but seasoned IT Consultant and PM.

Using Next-Gen has infinitely facilitated my learning of the application. Traditionally, the company uses the Classic Jira version. There is a companywide complex workflow, with seasoned design and development staff who are used to using the Classic Jira version.

I have switched my teams over to Next-Gen and have included only the features we use. It has been a great success so far, on rather complex multiyear long projects.

I will follow up on this thread in a couple of months. Thanks to everyone contributing to the info on this application. Much appreciated.

Like # people like this
Alexei Ferreira January 27, 2020

Will those features be available on Server and Data Center, if so when?

Jacob Cassidy January 30, 2020

is there any way to just download EVERY attachment that is included in an issue without individually downloading the files and re-navigating through my boards to an issue only to download the rest of those items individually and rinse repeat?

SNaredla February 5, 2020

great, looking forward to the update, thanks!

Like Zulhendra likes this
David Dray February 7, 2020

Hi everyone, just a few suggestions : 

- possibility to create a custom parent issue type (=epic level)

- the roadmap only displays the "block" links : it would be great to see others links with the possibility to choose what type of link i want to see on the roadmap + possibility to display links between tasks

- basic features that we have in classic project such as writing a description for the project etc..

Like Stéphane P. likes this
Alairion-GD February 11, 2020

No wonder things are so inconsistent between my projects!  I created my first project a couple of weeks ago, and now I've created 2 more.  They are both Scrum projects with the same features enabled, and yet they look and behave differently.

How can I go back?  The roadblocks and troubleshooting are making less productive.

I've submitted feedback for all the issues I'm having with the new projects such as stories showing up in an active sprint but not their subtasks (no, I'm not using filters, yes the status is listed on the board, yes it's Scrum, yes they are all assigned to that sprint) and the lack of an Issues link on the sidebar.  I had to manually add a link for it as well as the Epic link back to tasks too.

jose herrera February 14, 2020

im trying to find the way when i export to excel i can not find epics.... can somebody help me please!!!!

Cush February 16, 2020

I like the Roadmap setup process for a project but why can't I setup Stories within an Epic to show progress bars on the Roadmap?  It seems counter intuitive to have to create Epics for Stories under an Epic.

bruno.braga February 17, 2020

It still far way from a good interface and usability but now is much better.

I suggest to copy ideas from ASANA and other competitors.

yaseen February 21, 2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE COMPONENTS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Like Mauricio GALVEZ likes this
Cornell Lewis February 21, 2020

It would be great if the roadmap could be based off of Sprints in addition to Epics.

jose herrera February 26, 2020

When i export the report on excel it doest show me the EPICS , how can i do to show EIPICS in excel sheet? PLEASE I NEED YOUR SUPPORT!!!

Anna Resch March 3, 2020

How can I close tickets in Next Gen projects. Maybe it's a stupid question but I just see the option to delete single tickets :(

Eric Raymond March 3, 2020

Strongly recommend a focus on providing missing (old-gen) features in next-gen projects.  Some pretty simple, basic things are missing in next-gen.

These new, new features might be more sexy and easier to build, but there are basic operations and common workflows that new-gen blocks.

Saying we should move back to old gen (as if there is a feature to migrate back and forth between old and new-gen) and that next-gen is just for simple uses is just an excuse.

Rene Davis March 3, 2020

Keep up the good work @Hannah McKenzie ! Sorry about negative comments. As a software PM managing a massive rewrite of an existing system, I know the process is difficult and people are resistant to change and cling to old ways of doing things even if they are inefficient. While there are a few things I miss from "old Jira" the improvements to NextGen far outweigh the inconvenience of figuring out a new way to do something or revisit our process (which often results in a more streamlined way of doing things on our end!). I appreciate the work your team is doing.

Like Stéphane P. likes this
Hao_Yiting March 3, 2020

Awesome!

Hamza Mahmood March 10, 2020

This seems to be cool. Waiting for it

andrés March 12, 2020

@Anna Resch You can create a column in your Board and name it Fixed, Closed, Done, or however you'd like. Then you can move the ticket to that column or just set it status to that.

Anna Resch March 13, 2020

@andrés thanks for your hint. This I have already figured out. The problem I have is, that this task then still shows up in the backlog (strikethrough). Any idea how to solve that?

andrés March 13, 2020

@Anna Resch Glad to help. I don't think you can prevent a completed (struck-through) task from appearing in the backlog, though. But it's possible someone else knows of a way.

Anna Resch March 13, 2020

Hope so! Because I am confused.. sometimes it disappears sometimes not

Jamal Sharief Mohammed March 18, 2020

Awesome 

Hope that helps

Cheers.

Jamaal

Like Zulhendra likes this
Norbert Nordstern March 21, 2020

The roadmap need to reflect issue dependencies.

Blocked issues should start in roadmap timeline after the blockers.

Time estimations must be reflected by length of bars in roadmap.

Time estimates of SubTasks must optinally cummulate with the estimates of the entire Task to total time estimates of Tasks.

Time estimates of Tasks must optinally cummulate to time estimates of Epics

Timebar for Epics will then reflect the real time estimations.

This way we will have really usefull gant chart

Like juan carlos seguridad likes this
Zulhendra March 22, 2020

Excellent, I am newbie, need to more learn

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events