Next-gen Customer Council

Hey Next-gen fans,

Would you like the opportunity to give direct feedback to the Next-gen product team? Would you like the chance to preview and test new Next-gen features?

I’m excited to announce an exciting opportunity for Next-gen users: introducing the Next-gen Customer Council!

Sign up via  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSejQsBhJmmlDXiVH0pZ733eAqHBZzAYqlfG2gDieqvfHMLxQQ/viewform?usp=sf_link or email me directly at bryan.lim@atlassian.com

I will reach out via email with more details.

Thanks,
Bryan Lim
Product Manager, Jira Software Next-gen

22 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

This is fantastic @blim!  I really appreciate this opportunity.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Great opportunity indeed! Hell yes I'd like some of that action. Sign me up please!

Like blim likes this
Lowell Liwat January 30, 2020

Trying to sign up now

Like blim likes this
blim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Thanks everyone for signing up! Does anyone have Next-gen friends in NYC?

One of our PMs is looking to make a visit to New York in March and would like to chat w/ Next-gen users :). Help spread the word!

Like Tim Lynch likes this
aaron.deyonker January 30, 2020

What about in SF? @bli

Like blim likes this
blim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

@aaron.deyonker yes! Will let you know!

Jon Watts February 3, 2020

Count me in @blim :-)

Betrearon Tezera February 4, 2020

Honestly would LOVE a feature where I can assign a story/issue to multiple users. I need to do this on a daily basis for pair coding, dev-to-dev testing, or even research and analysis where my lead devs and BAs need to work closely together. These tickets are not just important for our organization to make our activities more agile; they are also critical parts of our overall documentation strategy. I appreciate your time. Thank you! I've sent my response to join and hope to be a part of this great initiative.

Like # people like this
Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

@Betrearon Tezera We made a decision to have just a single assignee because we believe that there should always be a DRI (Direct Responsible Individual). This philosophy is also something used by Apple, which believes that there should always be someone who drives a project or initiative to make sure it will be successful. Otherwise, the responsibilities of who owns this work gets blurred.

To navigate around situations where you are collaborating such as pair coding and dev-to-dev testing, I suggest that you assign that issue to the DRI, and have anyone else supporting it within subtasks under that parent issue. This will allow you to be more clear about who is playing a primary and supporting role.

Like # people like this
Betrearon Tezera February 7, 2020

@Ivan Teong thank you for your response. While I believe that the functionality should be available to users of JIRA, to be used at our discretion in the event that there is a task that needs multiple DRIs, I accept your explanation. :) 

zak.taemur February 7, 2020

Sure, sign me up please. Thanks

Deleted user February 10, 2020

JIRA is like a mobile phone with good functionalities. When comes to customization, its good for Marketplace companies like the app store. What is JIRA plan By doing all the Stuff when JIRA doesn't have any customization capability at the core level? 

Dennis February 12, 2020

AKBAR February 26, 2020
Sign-up done! 
james_bailey March 5, 2020

Could you create a Trello board with everything in upcoming releases? Like this: https://trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmap

It feels odd that Atlassian doesn't use its own software to communicate to external stakeholders.

Thanks  

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

@james_bailey Atlassian actually has a publicly facing Jira instance where a lot of this type of information is made available: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSWCLOUD/issues/

james_bailey March 5, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon Thanks for that. I would still suggest investing time into a version board like the one from UE4.

blim
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2020

@james_bailey That's fair feedback. Right now, we're trying to use our public roadmap to communicate what we plan to release: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen

Joel April 2, 2020
  • Integrated video between users and analysts for JSD would be a nice touch.
  • More granular security settings on project permissions would also be a nice.
Joel May 13, 2020

Also I'd like to see more customization on the portal pages. We really shouldn't have to resort to a plugin to pull that off. 

Jason Wong
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2020

@blim - interesting conversation over on this thread with @Mark Thompson and @John Funk  about the need for standardisation across next-gen projects https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Getting-started-with-next-gen-projects/ba-p/914448/page/6#M1386

Jason Wong
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2020

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events