Getting started with next-gen projects

144 comments

Shyamini Werapitiya November 15, 2018

Hi @Jason Wong, Next gen projects look great.

How can we change current projects into a next gen project.

Do we need to do the bulk move? if yes, what information will be missing from classic to next gen project transfer?

Rosane Gobatto November 19, 2018

@Jason Wong Hi!!

Which field is that where is written Nanotechnology and Custom Filters?

And how can I add?

Tks!

Screenshot_2.png

Melissa Hsu November 21, 2018

@Jason Wong Is there a way to sort the Roadmap by fields other than Status? Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 4.11.54 PM.png

Thanks,

Melissa

Julie_Estoria November 21, 2018

Hi,

How can I see the Zephyr add on issue type "Test" in the list? 

Thanks

Ashish Sharma November 21, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for new next gen projects and roadmaps. A quick question on roadmaps, Can this be only plotted against Epics? What about plotting the same against versions? If portfolio is also being used, can this be plotted against features or themes?

Thanks,

Ashish

Bjoern Veith November 26, 2018

Hi

I have feature requests for the next gen projects. 

1. When having estimates switched on not only story points, but as well original time estimates are required for those users outside of software development
  2. And then further by having estimates on the issues, it would be awesome to see the sum of remaining estimates as well on the top of the kanban columns. Currently you guys only have the info on the backlog board but by having it on the kanban columns a user or leader could easily state how much efforts he has in the pipe line. This is a great and simple info to estimate when the worker is ready for new issues and respectivley when he could deliver it. 
  3. Please don't forget to implement the concept of permissions schemes and Security Levels.. The usage of the system can be simplyfied, but we have complex schemes such as an assignee should only see the task associated to him in a project, or such as having external users having access to a dedicated set of issues in a project. 

thx

Maria Romo December 13, 2018

Hi! We have some questions now that we're migrating:

1. When is the time tracking feature going to be available?

2. When are you planning on supporting links?

3. When will Components be supported as they are in current version, as project global settings and not just a custom field?

4. What's the difference between primary and secondary fields?

Thank you guys!

Like Alistair Eldred likes this
Alistair Eldred February 3, 2019

These are great. There is a mention of the ability to embed these in Confluence 'coming soon' from Nov 2018. Do you have an ETA on this please @Jason Wong?

Jason Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2019

@Alistair Eldred - I can't provide an ETA as yet, but we just shipped the ability to export the roadmap as an image - see Next-gen release notes for Jira Software

Tushar March 1, 2019

@Josh Frank,

Please make "road map" feature available in the classic Jira projects aswell.

~Tushar

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2019

Just heads up that while time tracking is not yet available in Next-Gen projects, some third-party add-ons provide that functionality. 

Clockwork Automated Timesheets gives that option too (Log Work, Edit/Delete worklog entries according to permissions, project report - timesheet). It is a free app. 

Maria Hernández March 13, 2019

Good Look!

Johan March 13, 2019

@Jason Wong Hi, when starting a Sprint, I can add the Sprint Goal in a textfield. However, after closing the Sprint, there is no way to retrieve the content of that textfield anymore, thus no way of seeing the Sprint Goals.

Could this be added to the Burnup Report, for example? I inserted a simple element to show that this would be enough for me to at least see the Sprint Goal :-) 

Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 16.03.35.png

RS March 13, 2019

I would like to switch my existing next-gen project to the Kanban template!? I need the possibility to assign my tasks to a version (e.g. fix fersion or affected version)?

Greetings

Roland

Dean B April 12, 2019

Hi there,

Trying to use Jira canned responses app from the marketplace with the next-gen projects but doesn't seem to be loading.  Is there any limitations in terms of the app we can use?

Maria Campbell April 14, 2019

How about if you DON'T want a next gen? I want the classic, and I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out a way of moving my three issues from my project into a classic project. Next GEN is way too limiting for me.

Truong Hoang Vinh Loc April 18, 2019

Can anyone please help why I can't get my roadmap in multi projects showing in the dashboard Gadget Roadmap in Jira

Johan April 19, 2019

@Maria Campbell You don't have to use next-gen :-).

If you have tickets in a next-gen board, I assume you just bulk edit the issues and move them to a classic project, map the status and done.

I do want to stress out that next-gen is limiting in a positive way, if you want to go back to the foundation of Scrum, or any other Agile framework. All those excessive reports, workflows, adjustments on so many different locations to just make a single change, do you really need all that?

I am really happy that we moved to a next-gen board, it simplified the process a lot.

If we need a more complex proces (lanes ordered by Epics, assignees based on Epics and status, etc), we set up a classic board. But I would recommend to simplify processes to make agility in development as easy as possible.

Maria Campbell April 19, 2019

Thanks @Johan Terink

The initial issue was actually finding the bulk edit (as I posted on another thread). I finally did find it and did just that. However, since my first project, the fields that show up for my classic projects are no longer exactly the same as when I started. However, I figured out that JIRA adapted to what I was trying to do previously. For instance, in the beginning, I used "change the start date" so I could have a time stamp of when I opened an issue. Now, change the start date no longer appears (even though it is among the list of fields) and the time opened appears. And a couple of other similar things.

Like Johan likes this
Dean B April 29, 2019

There are only 3 templates available in 'Next-Gen projects'. Am I missing anything? I am unable to see any board.

Deleted user May 19, 2019

New to JIRA, and I like the next-gen concepts!  Thanks for the link that clearly explains classic vs. next-gen.

Victor Burgos May 29, 2019

@Jason Wong Any status on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17331 ??

This is a huge deal for any project. The ability to change the working days. We work 7-day work weeks (because we are remote devs that work our own schedule)

Please get the ball rolling on at least letting us configure the days. 

Rodrigo Arruda June 7, 2019

I´m very interested in the new Jira Software because I see many videos explaining about the integration of Jira and Confluence and link between this tools and I think that will delivery many facilities to project managers and agile coachs

Rach June 26, 2019

How do I set a CANCELLED status up in my workflow? Right now I can only mark as DONE or DELETE items which isn't awesome. 

Victor Burgos June 26, 2019

@Rach Go to your Board, hit that + icon on the right, type in CANCELLED and now you have a new status and row in kanban.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events