Everything you want to know about next-gen projects in Jira Cloud

117 comments

Ryan McCutcheon February 1, 2019

Hey Atlassian team - just wanted to say that the team is loving Next Gen Projects. Especially at a startup where things are more light weight it has been a big win. Love the fact that we can simply toggle between different ways of working. For example we have toggled sprints on and off as well as estimations. Turns out we might be better off with out both. Anyhow awesome upgrade. One question I have though is where can I see release notes? For example on the roadmap it shows epic colors as coming soon but I saw in my instance that I could already change them. Would love a notification or newsletter when new features are added. Can you point me in the direction of a page to bookmark or sign up?

preet prakash February 25, 2019

How can we had Zephyr plugin to the next gen project?

Constantine Gavrykov February 25, 2019

How can we age issues that’s been piling up in the ‘Done’ when using Next-gen project?

Adam Harris February 25, 2019

Can I create a new scrum board for an existing nex-gen kanban project?

Like Deleted user likes this
Mike Flores March 8, 2019

This a great introduction for those new too Jira, like myself. Thank you.

Maria Hernández March 12, 2019

Excellent, Thank you for the information.

Wolfram Stering March 13, 2019

Thanks for the information. When will this all be available in Jira Server? Using Cloud is not an option!

Deleted user March 21, 2019

Is there an ETA for sub-tasks on the next-gen boards??

Patrick Jones March 21, 2019

Hello @[deleted] ,
If you take a look at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17155,  Eoin made a comment, last Friday, that Sub-Task for Next-Gen was pushed out another week...so by April 1.
 - I suggest you follow that issue, for updates!

Like # people like this
Tom Middleton March 26, 2019

Hi, is there a printer friendly format for boards/backlogs etc in next gen projects ?

Seems to be pretty hard to see how to generate a decent hard copy 

Tomas Junger April 11, 2019

Hi, excellent work with Jira Cloud and NextGen projects.

Please, how can we change default language to English of Name of column in Board?

Because all of features in Next-Gen is setup as "default EN", but only name of the collumns in Board have the local language preinstalled during creation new project.

Thank you.

Tomas 

Language_local_board-nextgen.png

Jonas_Julve April 11, 2019

Hi @Tomas Junger

This happenened to me and I had to change default language in my browser.

I hope this helps. :)

Like Tomas Junger likes this
Gerard.Morvan April 12, 2019

Very interesting ! Thanks !

Like Tomas Junger likes this
Tomas Junger April 12, 2019

This language behaviour during first installation of Confluence Cloud, where I must change my local place to US-English in my profile. Then confluence was setup for default english.

But this is very strange, because on next-gen you cannot modify language. 

Thanks Jonas, but I dont want to change my Chrome :) 

Tomas

Jaime Fernandez April 12, 2019

Hello, I just created a Next Gen project. I am struggling to understand how to eliminate the done tasks form the board. Is this a glitch? di they get eliminated after x period of time?  

Like Deleted user likes this
Dwight Pfundstein April 12, 2019

The tasks that are "Done" will be removed when the current Sprint is completed

Karen Schellhaass April 17, 2019

New to Jira - seems like a lot is already planned out in the Templates.  Look forward to working with Jira.

Deleted user May 3, 2019

What about cumulative flow diagrams for a next gen project (even a Scrum one, not just a Kanban one).

Stefan Vizzari May 27, 2019

Next-Gen is shaping up nicely, thanks Atlassian.

Wondering if it is possible to have a Kanban Backlog (Selected for Dev. column) like Classic Kanban Boards?

Victor Burgos May 29, 2019

@Jason Wong @Rayen Magpantay Any status on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17331 ??

This is a huge deal for any project. The ability to change the working days. We work 7-day work weeks (because we are remote devs that work our own schedule)

Please get the ball rolling on at least letting us configure the days. 

Deleted user May 29, 2019

I am a JIRA admin and I tried using the next-gen Jira Software projects and created roadmaps for one of the upcoming project.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is there extra cost associated with the using next-gen Jira Software project or Roadmap functionality in Jira?

2) Is there a way we could have an “Idea” portal so company employees or customers can enter their suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

tim.nesdale May 30, 2019

This post is coming around 12 months old and very little has changed. So much for 'next gen' .....

Joan Liu June 11, 2019

Can epics in next-gen project be linked to stories in classic JIRA projects? With multiple teams, we wanted one board to display all the major initiatives.

juan.alvarez June 12, 2019

Are there any compatibility issues that arise from migrating a classic scrum project to next-gen?

Victor Burgos June 12, 2019

@[deleted] TBH, I wouldn't recommend Next-Gen... it's very limited in functionality. So if you're used to regular JIRA, Next-Gen will make you cry. 

I've posted a lot of issues with it and haven't really gotten any real response from Atlassian sadly. 

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events