Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Open Ticket from an event with customer notification

Actually it is possible to open a ticket for a customer a call agent (customer receives confirmation email)

I'm looking for a solution to open a ticket from an event and inform the customer that we have detected a incident with service impact (managed service with pro-active incident messages))

The customer should recevied the complete description from the ticket.

Is this feature planned with Next-gen Jira Service Desk rsp. already possible? 

1 comment

Hi, 

I think, the event can raises an email, so you can add an specific email address to your nG Servicedesk. If that email comes in, you can create an automatet mailticket. Only put the mail address of the sender to the Organization of the customer whitch will be informed. Then you can customize, that it will be inform the whole organization of the customer. I think, this is an simple workaround. Another possibility i cannot imagine at the moment. 

Best

Adrian

Like Kirstin Seidel-Gebert likes this

Hi Adrian, not sure if have understood correctly, I tried following:

1.) opened the ticket with myself as Author
2.) changed Author to registered Email from customer (has to be registered already)
3.) external comment to customer with incident description

-> customer receives 2 emails
- acknowledge of incident receiving (-> not perfect)
- external comment with incident description

kind regards Roland

Hi Roland,

if I understood the answer of @Adrian Kucharczyk correctly, it would be more like:

1. Setup Jira Service Desk (JSD) to receive tickets by mail.
  2. Setup the event handler to send an email to JSD if an incident occurs.
  3. Add the mail address of the event handler to your Jira as a JSD customer  - either automatically upon first incident, or manually.
  4. Add the JSD customer of the event handler to an organization of the related customer.
  5. Setup JSD to send mails to all members of the organization for incoming tickets.

What will happen:

• acknowledgement of received incident will be sent to the event handler (and be ignored)
  • information mail will be send to all members of the customer's organization that an incident has occurred
  • members can choose to watch the ticket to get further notifications.

Regards,
Kirstin

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you