Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not receiving emails outside of the company domain.

Hello guys,

Hope everyone is having a good week,

I have run into a problem with Jira service desk, Jira SD is set up so anyone can create a ticket without registering, which works perfectly but when the issue gets created and I comment and the user replies via email, we do not receive that comment/email on Jira, it just vanishes in thin air, any ideas what might be the issue?

I am fairly novice in using Jira admin so it may be an issue of the configuration, could anyone please point me in the right direction to start looking?

2 comments

Hey Guys,

Update, i think i figured it out email support channel needs to be enabled for the replies to come through 

Correct.  I had the same issue with the same resolution.

We ended up creating a queue to give visibility to "Email Request" issues as our customers inevitably emailed that email address directly (without replying to an existing issue - which is what allows their comment to be tagged to the right issue).

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader May 17, 2020

@scott singh  if you go further with email keep in mind the following:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/create-issue-via-email-fails-due-to-invalid-license-error-in-jira-server-790959539.html

From (i believe) v7 a user now requires a license to create issues through email.

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you