Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Copy workflow between Next-Jen Service Desks? (solved) Edited

We have several Service Desk projects in our JIRA. 

I can't find a way to copy the workflow between them.  Which results in having to manually recreating the same workflow over and over, with a high change of human error. 

How can I copy the workflow between 2 service desk projects? 

1 comment

John Funk Community Leader Jul 15, 2020

Hi @lies ,

You should be able to go to Project Settings > Workflows > Switch Scheme

Then choose the shared Workflow Scheme that you want to use. 

ACK! Just realized that you said Next-gen. If it is like regular Next-gen projects then you are not going to be able to share workflows.  :-(

hello @John Funk 

yes, classic projects are a lot nicer to the admin.  setting up multiple NG service desks is a pain. 

with classic projects i'm able to start a project from an existing project, so i can create "template" projects with all required settings and start from those. 

but for a lot of projects we need a service desk.  and the next-gen engine doesn't allow starting a NG project from an existing NG project. 

and on top of that, it also doesn't allow you to customise the existing next-gen service desk templates.  

no copy, no templates, no switching/copying of workflows 

there seems to be 0 ways to have some consistency in the projects. 

we've only been on JIRA for a few months and already have 6 service desks.  i expect a lot more.  i'm really dreading all the repetitive manual work i'll have to do to set them up.  :(

ps: sorry for ranting, thanks for taking the time to confirm what i had feared.

Why not just create a regular Service Desk project and not a Next-gen Service Desk project? Then you can create based on a template and copy Workflows. 

I don't have that option.  

In the normal projects i have "Business" and "Software" and none of those templates are a service desk template. 

I need to click the "try a next-gen" project before i see the Service Desk option. 

Am i missing something obvious? 

Are you paying for Jira Service Desk?

yes, 10 licenses

(on the cloud jira)

Then you should see should see Service Desk when you click on the dropdown in the screenshot below.

Do you not? screenshot.png

no, in the dropdown is only "software" and "business" 

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 17.57.20.png

John Funk Community Leader Jul 16, 2020

I would submit a support request to Atlassian for assistance. Please come back here and update the thread once you have a resolution.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

@John Funk i will do so.  my company closes for a month, so it will be a while before i'll have an update for you. 

thanks for your time and assistance!

Like # people like this

@John Funk atlassian support assisted me with unlocking the classic service desk templates.  i am now able to start a new project from an existing pre-configured service desk and copy workflows :-)

big thank you!

John Funk Community Leader Aug 18, 2020

Great! I am glad it all got fixed for you.  :-)

Hi John and Lies,

Could you please share how you are saving the pre configured template and reusing it?

regards

Tanuja

@Tanuja_bhosale this was an option when creating a new project, that you could base it on an existing project.  but it seems to have disappeared recently

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you