Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Choose a Template - Service Project

Aren't there more templates with NextGen?

I am using Next Gen and when setting up a new project -- there is only drop down choice under Choose a Template (Service Project).   When selecting that template - I see choices of IT Service Project, General Service Project, External Service Project, HR Service Project, Facilities Service Project and Legal Service Project.   

Aren't there other choices such as Kanban, Asset Management, etc.?   Is this only accessible via Classic?  How do I access?

1 comment

John Funk Community Leader Feb 15, 2021

Hi Jeff - What are you trying to do that you need more templates?

The templates just start you out with a base workflow - nothing you can't build yourself easily. 

In the classic view - there are different drop down choices of Business and Software with their own templates and workflow pre-setup.   I am looking Kanban and Asset Management as examples.

John Funk Community Leader Feb 15, 2021

Right, but it is pretty much just the workflow. What are you wanting to see in a new template that you can't do already? 

Seeking to setup an intake process and prioritization for service requests.  Once agreed then assign potentially to a Agile style template.

John Funk Community Leader Feb 16, 2021

What I did was just create a base project - template if you will. I put in all of the schemes and things I want to see. Then when I create new projects I base them on this existing project. 

That's good - but any reason that I can't see these pre-built in Jira.   Again - right now I only see service projects in next gen.

Maybe the permissions are not set. Go to Settings > System > Global permisions

Then make sure you have permissions for Create next-gen projects. 

Please note that I can Create Next-Gen Projects -- however -- they are limited to Service Projects with following choices: IT Service Project, General Service Project, External Service Project, HR Service Project, Facilities Service Project and Legal Service Project. 

Did you check that permission? Service projects are a different animal.

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you