whom do we contact about altering board columns and statuses

Kimberly gannon July 16, 2020

My project is starting up. we have 4 crews and corresponding boards.  we would like to alter the board columns and add status values.  As the project administrator I do not have permissions to update these.  How do we go about getting our changes implemented:?

thank you

3 answers

0 votes
Inayat N July 27, 2020

Hi @Kimberly gannon , it seems like you are trying to modify an Agile board.  Is that correct?  Being a project administrator does not necessary make you an agile board admin.  By default, the person who initially creates the agile board is that board's admin.  And they can add other users as board admins.  Then a board admin can go to the Column configuration and map statuses, and rename and rearrange board columns.

Hope this helps or gets you in the right direction.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Depends on what type of board.

For some, you need to talk to the board admin, for some, you update the project config and the board follows it.  That config may be partially determined by the workflow, which may be up to your Jira admins.

Can you tell us what system you are on (Cloud or Server) and what the project and board look like?  (Next-gen, scrum, kanban, business, etc).  I know those may not be obvious for a new-to-jira person, but answer what you can and we'll ask more if we need to.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Hi Kimberly - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

From your description of the situation, I am assuming that this is a Classic Software project with a shared workflow scheme. If that is indeed the case, then you will need to contact a Jira Systems Administrator for your company to make the change for you. 

Kimberly gannon July 16, 2020

Hi John, thanks for reply - can you tell me how to contact a Jira Systems Admin ??

thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2020

That would be an internal company thing. Do you have some way in your company in which to ask that? Maybe previous emails from someone within the company?

Suggest an answer