where is this button?

Keith Westgate July 21, 2021

I've seen a couple of posts / documentation with this in it:

1. Determine the custom field ID of the Sprint custom field. To do so, navigate to ⚙ > Issues > Custom fields and click ⚙ > View for the Sprint custom field. Take a look at your URL, you should see customFieldId=10001 or something similar - that is the ID of your Sprint custom field.

where is that "gear" hiding?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

Top right hand corner, next to your profile icon.

You will only see the cog if you are an admin of one or more projects, and you'll actually need Jira or System admin to get to the custom fields.

ah. ok, well that explains that.

what I'm really after is name of one of the custom fields. How can I find that out? 

probably should ask another question.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

Edit and issue that you expect to see the field on, it'll show the field name in the edit screen.

I'm trying to write a python script to do this. so I know it's the "sprint" field, but there is no sprint field.

using jirashell, I think I've found the custom field, but it's real mess. looks like this:

customfield_11845 ['com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.Sprint@27dd9810[id=7151,rapidViewId=1234,state=FUTURE,name=HSV_PV_Auto_Focus,startDate=<null>,endDate=<null>,completeDate=<null>,activatedDate=<null>,sequence=8171,goal=<null>]']

I was hoping I could just add the sprint ID, but it appears to be a lot more than that

Keith Westgate July 22, 2021

so I was wrong. you can indeed just add the sprint ID. I wasn't providing the value correctly. thanks for the earlier help.

issue = jr.create_issue(components=[{'name':args.component}],
summary=args.summary,
description=args.description,
issuetype={'name': args.type},
reporter={'name': args.reporter},
customfield_11845=7151,
project='my_project',
)
except ji

Suggest an answer