I want only 3 persmission levels on m project .
1. Full admin Access to the PMO
2. Projects managers/Lead should have the access level to add tasks, sub tasks and comments , assign engineers to the tasks and sub tasks and edit status (in progress, done , to do ) , for the project
3. Engineers(developers /testers ) - should be able to only edit the task status and add comment , no other field should be editable by them .
how can i do this ?
You can setup various project level permissions to users/groups/roles.
Please refer to Managing project permissions for more details.
In your case, you may create 3 different roles/groups for PMO, Managers/Lead and Engineers and grant specific project level permission for each role/group.
welcome in the community.
So if I understand you right, just go to " Permission schemes "
So it means:
1) Administration settings - ( it's icon next to yours user profile )
2) Go to Issues
3) At the bottom of site on left is " Permission schemes "
4) Add permission scheme
5) Button " Grant permission " will give you some hints what to SET and where
1. If you want for admins full access, then SET admins everywhere.
2. For project managers/Lead SET acces only to " add tasks, sub tasks and comments , assign engineers to the tasks and sub tasks and edit status (in progress, done , to do ) "
3. for Engineers SET only to " edit the task status and add comment "
1) everything will works, only if you are admin of jira
2) you have setted up roles in: Project roles
2a) Administration settings - ( it's icon next to yours user profile )
2b) Go to System
2c) Under SECURITY is " Project roles "
2d) And there just add Project Role.. like: a) Admin 2b) Project manager c) Engineers
I hope i understand you right and that thing helps you:)
Good luck at Jira fields!
This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events