Where to put jira when i already have confluence on a server

Thomas Knudsen January 9, 2020

Hello.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but i couldn't find an answer i could understand.

I'm very new to atlassian and to linux in general and as an intern my boss wanted me to try to setup a server with confluence, jira, and bitbucket.

So far i've setup everything with confluence but now i'm curious as to where i need to put jira.

Would it make sense to place it in the atlassian folder alongside confluence or should i put it in another folder completely.

Same question goes with bitbucket.

if you've noticed something else that could be problematic from my short question please do feel free to help me out, i would greatly appreciate it 

1 answer

2 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Hi @Thomas Knudsen ,

You can install different Atlassian applications in the same server just make sure the server is big enough so it can handle multiple applications.

It does not really matter where to put the files/folder as long as it makes sense and documented properly.

You should look into the context path settings, it will help you differentiate your application that way.

E.g

Thomas Knudsen January 10, 2020

okay thanks :)

i'm just testing the setups as we're already using them on our main server.

i'll check out some of the stuff about context path's i've seen in the knowledge base

Suggest an answer