The All Projects View is blank, just empty side bar and empty white page on right

Jenny McClaine January 9, 2018

I click on the All Project link from left nav... it loads...

https://xyzcompany.atlassian.net/projects?selectedCategory=all&selectedProjectType=all

and it doesn't show anything?

1 answer

0 votes
Maxim_Evstratov January 9, 2018

Hello, Jenny. 

It would be much easier to help you if you add a screenshot to your post. Are you jira administrator? what is your role in jira usage? Is it a new instance of JIRA or it has been used before?  

On the first sight it seems you do not have necessary permissions to view  projects. What can it be: 

Reason #1 - If it's a new instance there are no projects yet and you do not have permission to create them. Only jira administrators can create projects.

Reason #2 - You do not have a permission to "Browse project" in any Project of your instance. Often it means that you have not been added to a user group which is granted to access th project.  

Jenny McClaine January 9, 2018

Yes, I'm an administrator, see attached screenshots, lot's of views are missing left nav making it impossible to navigate.Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.56.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.58.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.40.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.40.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.40.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-09 at 6.57.47 PM.png

Maxim_Evstratov January 10, 2018

@Jenny McClaine i tried to reproduce your case.

Very similar view i got only when move out a permission to Browse Project from administrator. My screenshot is below

2018-01-10_22-21-46.pngBut i see on your screenshots that you can browse issues in projects. It means that you have rights to view projects cause with out this permission you will not see them even if you created them or they are assigned to you.

I thought that the problem may be in your browser. Sometimes some browsers can not show some jira options, i.e. as example.  But you use google chrome as me so the problem is not in the browser. 

I have these suggestions:

1. Check a configuration of permission schemes you use and "browse projects" rights. 

2. Try to make another jira clowd instance for other e-mail address and check if the problem will be reproduced on your computer and your browser. (you can create new instance for free)

If everything will be ok with new instance, ask atlassian support to re-initiate your old instance or move to new one.

If the problem will continue to appear with new instance try to log in from a different computer. This way you will know if everything is okay with your computer. 

3. If you loged in with other computer and the problem with old and new instances will still appear so write to atlassian support about this difficulties you face with and add a link to this discussion to help them understand what are you faced to. 

Suggest an answer