Support Group Queue Email notification

Daniel R July 29, 2021

How can I configure email notifications to be sent when a Support Group is changed on a ticket?

Our company has a single project and in that project there are multiple queues. There is a queue for each support group onsite and I want to set it up so that if a ticket gets moved from one queue to another then certain people are emailed depending on which queue the ticket is sent to. 

Example: A ticket comes into the helpdesk support group and an email is automatically sent to the helpdesk email. Then a helpdesk personnel looks at the ticket and realizes it's a network issue so they edit the ticket to go to the network support group queue. How can I have an email sent to the network personnel only?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel R August 11, 2021

It seems like a custom notification is already setup because certain users are getting emails when tickets are moved into queues. I have looked and I can't figure out where those custom notifications are. 

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Hi @Daniel R 

Welcome to the Community!

You'd need to know what particular field puts the issue in that queue (e.g. status, or assignee), then set up a custom notification to send to a group when that field changes.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Liam

Daniel R December 22, 2021

When the Support Group field is changed and given a specific group then the ticket is moved to that queue and an email notification is sent. 

The problem that I am running into is that I don't see any custom notifications set up to send emails to a group when the change happens. So I am thoroughly confused as to why certain people our group are getting email notifications and others aren't. I have used the Notification Helper tool to try to help but it seems to be contradictive as to which issues send notification and which ones don't.

Example: I was able to verify that a particular user did receive an email notification when a test ticket was created and moved to the Support Group however the notification helper says that he wasn't supposed to receive a notification. At the same time the notification helper said that I was supposed to receive a notification but I did not. 

Any help on how and where to find custom notifications would be greatly appreciated. 

Suggest an answer