Regarding Addons(JSU/JMWE)

Nikhila Pikkili July 6, 2021

Hi Team,

Actually at present my client is using Power Utilities for Jira Plugin. Now they want to drop that and move to either JSU or JMWE. The issue is that in Power Utilities for Jira supports: 1.JQL validator  2.Assign from field post function and  3.Regex Validator   

Do these functions are also supported by either one of the plugin JSU or JMWE. I have worked around on this but I didnot find the exact solution. So please me out in this. 

Thanks alot!!!!!

Regards,                                                                                                                                       Nikhila

2 answers

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2021

Hi @Nikhila Pikkili ,

you can indeed do all this with JMWE:

1. Depending on what you were doing with the JQL Validator, you can achieve the same using one of JMWE's point-and-click validators, or using a Scripted (Groovy) Validator
  2. You can use a Copy value from field to field post-function to cop from the custom field to the Assignee field
  3. You can use a Scripted (Groovy) Validator with code like:
issue.getAsString("a field") ==~ /a regex/
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Ηι @Nikhila Pikkili

As far as I know about JMWE it does have a JQL validator, when you use this with the built-in script Post function.

What exactly you mean with (2)? I mean you can have a CF, and with JMWE you can copy the value from that CF to the assignee, and the issue will be assigned.

Concerning the regex validator, I'm not sure that it has this per se, BUT it does provide a result box, in which you can see if it will return an error, or the value of your code.

I'll mention @David Fischer who will be able to give you a more proper answer about this.

Regards,
Alex

Suggest an answer