Paragraph style formatting

Andy Maroney October 3, 2019

I'm having difficulty with Paragraph Styles. In an older document I created I had the options pictured here:

Style Menu version 1.png

It seems that I need to be in "Paragraph" mode in order to place a border around or otherwise format a graphic I've inserted. However....

NOW, when I click the "plus sign" to create a new page, and choose the "How To" template, I get the following formatting choices. none of which allow me to format the graphic: 

Style Menu version 2.png

Can you please explain to me what I am doing wrong or differently to get the different menu choices? I really prefer the first one that allows me to format graphics.

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

@Andy MaroneyYou are not doing anything wrong here. Atlassian is migrating Confluence to New Editing Experience, and you are seeing these changes in menu items because when you create a new page it start with New Editing Experience. Whereas, old pages are kept on Old Experience.

Here are screenshots to show you difference.

Screenshot 2019-10-04 at 9.12.36 AM.pngScreenshot 2019-10-04 at 9.12.46 AM.png

One on the left is new editing experience.

You can learn more about new editing experience here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html

Andy Maroney October 4, 2019

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how I would add a border or control pixel size of the graphics that I add to a How To article? I don't see any options for that with the "new experience".

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

You can change the size of Image after adding it and by dragging Blue bar on both side of it. But things like border, and custom width/height are not available yet.

Here is reference.

Screenshot 2019-10-04 at 10.10.14 PM.png

Andy Maroney October 4, 2019

So what I'm hearing is the "new experience" is lacking features the "old experience" used to have. I suppose I'll have to add my borders to graphics before bringing into this environment. 

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

You are right, as of now "New Experience" lack features, but it is simpler to use and will soon catch up in feature list.

Suggest an answer