Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user to Jira Cloud

Andy Lewins July 28, 2022

I have just migrated my project to Jira Cloud, however, in reports (Sprint Reports) i am unable to select any historic sprints to view. Has this feature now been removed?

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
OLA O July 28, 2022

How to view sprint histories such as if any modification takes place for sprint start date and end date. Go to your Board and click on "Reports" --> under Switch reports select "Sprint Report" and you see dropdown option where you can navigate to different sprints which provide complete history of active and closed sprints.

Hey Ola, under Reports > Sprint Reports, there is no historic sprints to select. I have been informed that maybe some history was not exported from the Jira Server version, which is puzzling as i had to create all 52 sprints as new in the Jira Cloud before importing. 

Like OLA O likes this
OLA O July 28, 2022

Oh okay, that's strange. Have you tried going through the Velocity Chart? The sprint should display in the list of sprints at the bottom of the page. Clicking the sprint should display the Sprint Report.

I can only see sprint 50 at the bottom of the velocity chart.

Like OLA O likes this
OLA O July 28, 2022

So that means only two are missing. Those two sprints probably ended with an open status and therefore will not be shown in any of the reports in the board.

So, when i go to the velocity charts, i can only see Sprint 50 at the bottom. All the other 49 are not visible.

Like OLA O likes this
OLA O July 28, 2022

So I have typed your issue into the Atlassian Support and got this response:

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/what-gets-migrated-with-the-jira-cloud-migration-assistant/

I hope it helps. Best of luck. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

Hi @Andy Lewins ,

you should be able to select previous sprints in the drop down . I wonder if that info was not migrated. If you do not see a drop down can you share a screenshot?

JIRA.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

Thanks for sharing. So in that view it appears you have two sprints 50 and 51. I assume that there were previous sprints created while in the server instance that are not shown here correct? Assuming that’s the case I suspect that the history was not captured in the migration. I do not know if that is suspected behavior or not. In any event as you move forward with sprints in the cloud they should all show.

Thanks for the reply Jack. You are correct in your assumption. We have sprints back to Sprint 1 which are not appearing in the drop down list. Prior to migration i had to create all 52 sprints manually to allow the import to work and so i'm not sure why the sprints are not visible in the drop down. Only the individual items were imported as part of the migration. I am anticipating this is a restriction on migrating from the server to cloud. It would be good to get an official view.

0 votes

Here is a screenshot of only 2 sprints available.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events