Need help for JIRA installation

Sara Aghaeian September 20, 2018

Hi,

I purchased JIRA but I cannot find the service ID!! I went through all the process to get it but unfortunately couldn't!  I will be glad if someone can help me.

Thanks,

Sara 

2 answers

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2018

Hi @Sara Aghaeian,

did you already install your Jira?

If yes, you can access your server id in the "administration" > "system" > "system info" part. Have a look in the "Jira info" section for "server ID"

If you don't have it installed yet, you can see it during the installation when you select the option "I have a Jira key" as described in this post.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Sara Aghaeian September 24, 2018

HI ,

I couldn't install yet! because i don't know where I have to install it? there is no option "I have jira key"! Would you please advice ?

Thanks

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2018

I would advise you to follow the installation instructions in the Atlassian docs. If you have any questions which are not answered by the guide, feel free to ask again.

Sara Aghaeian September 24, 2018

Thanks, I am using IOS , is it any guidance for it as well?

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2018

Hi Sara,

I think, we need some background information here.

Jira is a software which you either install on a server somewhere in order to use it or you can get Jira cloud which Atlassian will run for you. You can then access Jira typically via a browser like Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
If you use Jira Cloud, you can also use the Jira Cloud app for iOS in order to access your data.

With that background info, I'd like to ask you where you actually bought Jira and based on your question why you need a service ID? Could you provide some more background information what you did here? Screenshots might also help.

Cheers,
Matthias.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Hi there Sara, what did you mean by service ID? Are you referring to the Support Entitlement Number (SEN), or the Server ID of your Jira instance?

Sara Aghaeian September 21, 2018

Hi,

Yes, I mean Server ID (sorry, it was auto type mistake!). I cannot get it!

Suggest an answer