JQL Syntax missing operators

Lauren Young January 10, 2020

I am just starting to learn Jira and have been working through the 'Go Agile with Jira (cloud) as part of the Jira University on the atlassian site. I am having three issues so far.... 

1. The guide says create a Quick Filter for critical issues by writing priority=critical however this returns a "The value 'critical' does not exist for the field 'priority'." error. Highest seems to work but the critical operator is missing? 

2. I have the same issue when creating a new swimlane based on queries, it asks me to add a Blocker by putting priority=blocker in the JQL window however this returns the same error. I've attached screenshots.

3. I also cant click Syntax help in the syntax dropdown menu (which appears when typing in something like 'priority'.  (screenshot attached)

Any idea whats going on? I have tried different computers and browsers but this hasn't made a difference.

Thanks a lot. 

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 17.12.06.pngScreenshot 2020-01-10 at 17.11.02.pngScreenshot 2020-01-10 at 17.13.28.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

Hello Lauren,

seems like these priorities were deleted for some reason. Try this, if you have admin permissions:

Go to Jira Settings -> Issues -> Priorities and check if priorities Critical and Blocker are present. If not, add them, then try again. How to add a priority is described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-statuses-resolutions-and-priorities-776636333.html

Syntax Help does not work for me too, looks like a bug.

Hope that helps!

Adam

Lauren Young January 10, 2020

Thanks so much for your help that seemed to work. 

Not sure if it is a language thing as I had highest high low etc in the fields instead. 

Lauren

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2020

No problem, glad that helped! :)

Adam

Suggest an answer