Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Transition using drag on Kanban Board - in same column (card)

Michael Lazarus January 9, 2023

Is there a way to use dragging an issue in the same Kanban card/column to change status? Workflow dragging works from column to column - but if I have multiple statuses in one column can't use dragging. 

Please excuse if this an obvious fix - I am new to Jira & Jira Workflow.

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Hi Michael - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Sorry, but no, that is not possible in the same column. You have to open the card and change the status in the card. 

Thanks for the response.

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
Johnny FromCanada January 9, 2023

Why are those statuses together under the same column?

We use several statuses in development and/or testing that would create too many columns/cards. We only wanted 4-5 columns but have 10-12 statuses - it didn't make sense to create a column for each status so we combined several of them in one column. Only downside is that we can't drag the issue to the next status if it's in same column. As John - mentioned in previous response you have to open card/issue and change the status. Once it's ready to move to next column it can be dragged.

Like Lance Caraccioli likes this
0 votes
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hey there, Michael!

We keep some statuses grouped together in our board in the same column. When I drag to that column, I'm able to drag it to one status or another. I need to hover there until the status I want to drag it to turns green and then drop the card.

https://app.screencast.com/lwdi8BoowOvpM

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events