Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to provide conditions in the app descriptor based on the user properties?

I have stored data under the user properties of a particular user using the following REST API, 

/rest/api/3/user/properties/{propertyKey}?accountId=5b10ac8d82e05b22cc7d4ef5

Now, I need to write a condition is my app descriptor which decides whether to show that module to that user or not based on the data present in the user properties of that particular user. 

But I'm not able to find a way to access the user properties inside the conditions or params of the App Descriptor. 

Kindly, help me with this! Thanks in advance!

1 answer

Hi  Bharat,

You cant do condition for user property(only with user permission work with descriptor file) with the app descriptor. You need to handle this condition in your controller.

Sample code for condition in constroller:

if (licenseStatus.equals("active")) {
      model.setViewName("index");
} else {
     model.setViewName("license");
}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

50 views 0 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you