• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Import clear quest defect history field to Jira comments field..

Hi,

I am new to JIRA Migration. Planning to import content from clear quest to JIRA Cloud.

Started the same with CSV Import method . Tried importing most of the fields except "History".  Can any one pls let me know how to import history field to Jira cloud?

Thanks

Vishnu

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Oct 28, 2019

You cannot import issue history, the only history you can import are dates. I would suggest to add the historical data as a comment to each issue that is imported.

Thanks for your response.

I have many more projects and issues to import into Jira. What exactly does it mean - "add the historical data as a comment to each issue" - You want me add it manually to issues before doing CSV Import? 

You need to modify your csv file to also include a column for the history of the issue, and then when you do the mapping for the import set the history column to be imported as a comment.

Since ClearQuest exports the history in a separate file you would have to combine that with the file that has your issues.

Yes. ClearQuest exports history in a file but the issue is we can have multiple history  records for one issue. I am just thinking how to combine these history records in the file that has issues.  Is there any script to combine multiple records in one cell for one defect?

Pls confirm..

You would have to create that script. I used a Perl script to do it when I migrated from ClearQuest to Jira years ago, but we did not bring over the history since it was decided to keep one license for ClearQuest so we could have read only access to the history if needed.

Ok fine.. Can you pls provide the script if you have it? I am not aware of Perl scripting.

Planning to create the script in power shell.

Unfortunately I cannot give you the file, but the basics of the script would be to read the ClearQuest data including the history, combine them and then generate a new csv file that has all the data you want to import, including the history.

Ok fine.. No problem . Thanks for your suggestions..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Opsgenie and Amazon team up to launch new DevOps Guru integration - now available!

We’re proud to announce that our integration with Amazon DevOps Guru is now live. The Amazon and Opsgenie product teams have worked together to build a deep integration between Opsgenie and the new...

233 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you