How do I get a list of specific Jira Issues (Key) using the advanced search feature?

Martha Leo September 3, 2020

I'm looking to get a search display of a specific set of issues (key) how to I write the advanced querry search for this? 

3 answers

2 votes
tom_trnka February 4, 2022

Hi, this is works for me.

When you have project name Super project and his key is SP, then you can search more issues this way:

project = SP and key in ("SP-406","SP-395","SP-474","SP-473","SP-472","SP-455","SP-458","SP-453","SP-463","SP-389","SP-439","SP-422","SP-447","SP-456","SP-384","SP-375","SP-428","SP-422") ORDER BY key ASC
Miri October 26, 2023

Thanks alot @tom_trnka 

Shruti Sharma January 29, 2024

Thanks @tom_trnka . Your response helped me as well. Was trying the same query but without the quotes around epic keys. Do you know why this query wouldn't work without the quotes? e.g. Key in (SP-1, SP-2, SP-3, SP-4) doesn't work. Strangely with just two keys this query works but if I add another key, I need to add the quotes. 

Thanks in advance for any insights. 

-Shruti 

1 vote
Sramanth Pandeti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

Hi @Martha Leo Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can use the JQL (Jira query language) to get search for a specific set of issues (such as stories or Epics or sub-tasks).

To write a JQL, you need to navigate to Filters(top menu) -> Advanced issue search and in the bar you need to write a query.

Example queries:

1) Show me all the issues in my project

Project = ABC

2) I want to filter only Epics and Stories

project = ABC AND issuetype in (Epic,Story)

3) I want to see issues that are Done, Closed

project = ABC AND status in (Done, Closed) 

There are lot of other things you can do with the filter too. You can follow the documentation here and learn more about JQL.

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-14

0 votes
Alejandro Acevedo December 26, 2023

Hello @Martha Leo

I have the same challenge and I have started creating filters, the page https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/jql-fields/ helps me to see how the jira fields can be used in filters.

Suggest an answer