How can I see all issues created by my team?

Nuno Marques May 18, 2021

Hi.

Very new to Jira and have a problem. Since recently, our IT department wants all issues to be reported via Jira. This means everyone in my team is reporting their problems to the IT directly, and thus I have no idea what they are requesting. I have asked them to place me as a watcher, though they often forget to do so. This means I daily have to trudge through the minefield of dozens if not hundreds of new tickets to find which ones were created by my team members.

How can I create a dashboard that will list all issues created by all my team members or issues that have spawned from their original issues?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Nuno Marques ,

Search for issues that were created by a particular user or membersOf Group.

For example

creator in membersOf("Administrators")

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/

Thank for the tip. So I get there is some scripting involved, but where do I script? I was told I could add a gadget and alter or edit it, but so far haven't had any luck in this regard.

Edit: it just dawned on me that probably it isn't dashboards, but rather search syntax?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

There's no scripting involved there.  It just requires that your people are in a group (although you could use many groups, or name the people individually)

It's literally a search.  Type the sentence Oliie gave into the search (it will do some auto-suggestions as you type, so you probably don't even need to type all of it).  This will give you a list of matching issues.

Look to the top of the page for the "save" option - this will save the query (not the results, but the actual query) as a "saved filter".  Give it a sensible name, and then go to dashboards, creating a new one, or editing the current one.  You can add "gadgets" to that by clicking add gadget.  Many of the gadgets work off saved filters, so you can use the filter you've just saved as the data source for them.

Got it. So it is working for me now. I can see a list of all the tickets opened over time by either myself or my team members. However, I don't seem to be able to filter out the issues with CLOSED status.

reporter = 100458 OR reporter = 100456 OR reporter = 100449 OR reporter = 100454 OR reporter = 100637 OR reporter = 100452 OR reporter = 106421 OR reporter = 900321 OR reporter = 901518 OR reporter = 900323 AND status not in (Closed,Resolved) ORDER BY created DESC

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

Try this:

(reporter = 100458 OR reporter = 100456 OR reporter = 100449 OR reporter = 100454 OR reporter = 100637 OR reporter = 100452 OR reporter = 106421 OR reporter = 900321 OR reporter = 901518 OR reporter = 900323 ) AND status not in (Closed, Resolved) ORDER BY created DESC

Like Nuno Marques likes this
Nuno Marques May 20, 2021

That worked. Thanks. So you had to enclose the reporters first?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

Not necessarily first, but they all have to be grouped together. 

0 votes
nihcet May 18, 2021

Hi,

If there are no group, you can use users.

creator in (<member1>,<member2>,<member3>,.........)

Suggest an answer