Filtering Multiple keywords in Summary, but end up in pulling tickets from other projects

I am trying to filter the tickets using the words in summary within a Project. But when I query for different keywords from summary in the advanced search, I am getting tickets from other projects too. How can I filter the other project?

3 answers

1 vote
Paige April 7, 2021

This works for me:
project = "Project1" AND (text ~ blah1 OR text ~ blah2 OR text ~ blah3)

My query happened to be extremely long, so long that the page wouldn't scroll down to see results.  This is a GUI bug/issue.  To see the results of my query, I had to zoom out quite a bit (50%) on the page to be able to see the lower section's small vertical scroll bar so that I could scroll through results.  

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 7, 2019

Hi Prabhakaran P (Infrastructure Platform),

Could you try?

project = "My Awesome Project" AND summary ~ "word1 word2"

Does it work for you?

Regards

Hi @Robin FloodMember,

Thanks for your reply, 

Please find the query in the advanced search:

project = "Project1" AND summary ~ "1" OR summary ~ "2" OR summary ~ "3" AND summary ~ "1a" OR summary ~ "2a" AND description ~ "word1" AND created >= Date1 AND created <= Date2 ORDER BY createdDate DESC

1. Project name

2. 3 keywords anyone of them should be captured

3. other 2 keywords anyone of them should be captured

4.description keyword

5.created date

6.order

But I am not getting the output.

Robin Flood October 7, 2019

Ah I see, when you use the "OR" operator it will not include the initial choice of project except from the first part. It basically means show me project = "Project1" AND summary ~ "1" OR show me summary ~ "2" and so on.

You need to add some brackets, like this:

project = "Project1" AND (summary ~ "1" OR summary ~ "2" OR summary ~ "3") AND (summary ~ "1a" OR summary ~ "2a") AND description ~ "word1" AND created >= Date1 AND created <= Date2 ORDER BY createdDate DESC

Hope that works out for you!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Robin Flood October 7, 2019

Hello!

In your jql query just add:

project = "PROJECTKEY" AND summary ~ "free text"

Replace "PROJECTKEY" with the key or name of the relevant project and "free text" with whatever keyword you want to filter on.

A direct link to the above query:

https://YOUR-JIRA-URL.COM/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20PROJECTKEY%20AND%20summary%20~%20%22free%20text%22

Let me know how it goes!

Suggest an answer