• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Filtering Multiple keywords in Summary, but end up in pulling tickets from other projects Edited

I am trying to filter the tickets using the words in summary within a Project. But when I query for different keywords from summary in the advanced search, I am getting tickets from other projects too. How can I filter the other project?

2 answers

Hello!

In your jql query just add:

project = "PROJECTKEY" AND summary ~ "free text"

Replace "PROJECTKEY" with the key or name of the relevant project and "free text" with whatever keyword you want to filter on.

A direct link to the above query:

https://YOUR-JIRA-URL.COM/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20PROJECTKEY%20AND%20summary%20~%20%22free%20text%22

Let me know how it goes!

Hi Prabhakaran P (Infrastructure Platform),

Could you try?

project = "My Awesome Project" AND summary ~ "word1 word2"

Does it work for you?

Regards

Hi @Robin_FloodMember,

Thanks for your reply, 

Please find the query in the advanced search:

project = "Project1" AND summary ~ "1" OR summary ~ "2" OR summary ~ "3" AND summary ~ "1a" OR summary ~ "2a" AND description ~ "word1" AND created >= Date1 AND created <= Date2 ORDER BY createdDate DESC

1. Project name

2. 3 keywords anyone of them should be captured

3. other 2 keywords anyone of them should be captured

4.description keyword

5.created date

6.order

But I am not getting the output.

Ah I see, when you use the "OR" operator it will not include the initial choice of project except from the first part. It basically means show me project = "Project1" AND summary ~ "1" OR show me summary ~ "2" and so on.

You need to add some brackets, like this:

project = "Project1" AND (summary ~ "1" OR summary ~ "2" OR summary ~ "3") AND (summary ~ "1a" OR summary ~ "2a") AND description ~ "word1" AND created >= Date1 AND created <= Date2 ORDER BY createdDate DESC

Hope that works out for you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Opsgenie and Amazon team up to launch new DevOps Guru integration - now available!

We’re proud to announce that our integration with Amazon DevOps Guru is now live. The Amazon and Opsgenie product teams have worked together to build a deep integration between Opsgenie and the new...

176 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you