Export BG Custom Field -> Import to Jira Components

liz January 18, 2021

When playing with a next gen project I had created a custom field. i would like to export that field and import to Jira components so I can play in Classic with the values.

Is this possible?

thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2021

Hello @liz ,

I am not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve, however, in the below links you can find more information on how to migrate between Next-Gen and Classic projects in Jira Software and Jira Service Management respectively:

As mentioned in the section named "Things to keep in mind if you migrate from next-gen to classic":

JSW:

Custom fields: If you customized the fields that appear on your next-gen issue types, you'll need to have a Jira admin recreate these fields in your new classic project's screen schemes and field configuration schemes as the data stored in these fields will be lost.

JSM:

Custom fields

If you customized the fields that appear on your next-gen request types, you'll need to have a Jira admin recreate these fields in your new classic project's screen schemes and field configuration schemes. Learn more about issue custom fields.

Your custom field data is stored against your requests but the fields in your next-gen project are technically different from the fields in your classic destination, so when migrated they will appear blank. The data is not recoverable if you move the issues back to the next-gen project they came from.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't please provide more details.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events