Can we extend the trial period of plugins by disabling them?

Johan Ong September 30, 2013

My development team is considering moving to an existing JIRA setup, on version 4. We need to evaluate using JIRA to manage our development, as well as the Agile and a TFS plugin (USETFS or TFS4JIRA).

However, this is our scenario:

1. Setup our JIRA project. Enable Agile and TFS plugins (02-Oct).

2. Test connectivity to TFS (03-Oct)

3. Then if possible, disable the Agile and TFS plugins for 10 days (04-Oct to 13-Oct).

4. Pilot project starts on 14-Oct. Reenable the plugins with around 28 days left for trial period.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2013

Generally, no, most plugins (if not all) look at the date the licence was generated. Doesn't matter if they are disabled or not.

You may need to contact vendors to extend trial periods

2 votes
Johan Ong October 6, 2013

Thanks Nic. I got this answer from sales@atlassian.com, but have not tried it yet.

If you disable the add-on it does not extend of stop the evaluation period from progressing as the evaluation period is a fixed 30 day period from date the evaluation license is generated.

If you need additional time to evaluate simply generate an additional 30 day evaluation key.

Here's how to generate an eval key online:
1.Login to your My Atlassian account. You'll arrive on the Licenses page by default.
2.Click 'New Evaluation License' to create a new key with an additional 30 days evaluation time free.
3.Apply this key to your server under the Administration > License Details page.

Suggest an answer