Can no longer change project lead

erica_dahl May 27, 2020

I used to be able to change project lead very easily in the "users and roles" section of "project settings".  I would click on the "edit defaults" and specify that somebody else should be the project lead.  

As of yesterday, I can no longer pick somebody else to be the project lead. If I click on the name of the person who is currently project lead, it says "no options".  

I can't figure out what changed or how to change it back.  

I checked the instructions and it said that project lead can be changed on the "details" screen in "project settings" but I am not given that option.  

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pavan G May 27, 2020
erica_dahl May 27, 2020

Hi Pavan, I am a JIRA Admin. Even when I am logged on as an admin I can't change the project lead. 

Pavan G May 27, 2020

Please Check this thread below. It might be of help

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Cannot-change-project-lead/qaq-p/1388996

Thanks!

Pavan G

erica_dahl May 27, 2020

Thanks!  I just found that one too.  Relieved to know I'm not the only one who found that confusing.  

I'm still not sure why I don't have the option to change the project lead in the "details" screen because that is much more intuitive. 

But at least I can change project lead now.  

Like Shaun Smith likes this
0 votes
pabloe September 29, 2021

None of the suggested solutions worked for me, I'm Project and Jira Admin, and i'm trying to change lead to another project admin, i tried slow typing the name, and also using email, but all i get is a "no matches" sign. I've also tried typing the name of any of the other project users. Even if i try to type the name of the user who is lead right now, it also gives me the "No matches" error.
Captura de Pantalla 2021-09-29 a la(s) 16.24.02.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2021-09-29 a la(s) 16.25.26.png

Manuel Gomes April 10, 2023

Same problem here

0 votes
Lionel Roubeyrie July 15, 2020

Same problem here. We can't desactivate the user as he is the project lead, but we cannot change the project lead...

Suggest an answer