• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I somehow structure a complete Tribe under one Jira project? Edited

Can I somehow structure a complete Tribe (bout 200 people) under one Jira project? How should I build the project to be able to make the distinction between Squads and Squad Groups?

SNAG-0081.jpg

Can I use Components to do it? What would be the downside?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Jan 15, 2019

What are squads and what are squad groups?

Do squads contain more than one person?

Why don’t you want delegated projects for each unit as this can lead to confusion in future.

More context on your usage and better definition of what a tribe is, what a squad group is and what a squad is would help.

Thanks for the reply Ismael!

Squads are Agile teams consisting of 5-15 people with Agile roles

Squad Groups are organizational units consisting from several Squads

What is the benefit of delegated projects versus a monolith with team division within one project?

SNAG-0082.jpg

SNAG-0083.jpg

Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Jan 16, 2019

Hi @Jorma Vihavainen

My suggestion is that you use separate projects and use linked issues where needed rather than have all users within the same project.

If you must have all issues in the same project then yes components can help you here and you can use boards filtered based on components to show each team what they must work on.

The problem which can potentially arise is a failure to set component leading to an issue being missed.

Hence once again, the suggestion is each Squad has a project to themselves, create a linked issue when a squad needs work from another which grants better visibility to both squads because they can both see when work is done.

I hope this helps.

Like Jorma Vihavainen likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Opsgenie and Amazon team up to launch new DevOps Guru integration - now available!

We’re proud to announce that our integration with Amazon DevOps Guru is now live. The Amazon and Opsgenie product teams have worked together to build a deep integration between Opsgenie and the new...

310 views 0 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you