Can I make a report of a custom field?

y.perfilov February 19, 2020

Hello everyone!

Recently I have added a custom field with a type number to one of my projects in Jira Cloud. Is there a way of making a report of a number of values I get from the field? Or probably I can see somewhere a sum of the numbers given to tasks from the field? Like I have 10 tasks with the custom field. I have valued 10 tasks with 10 points each for the field. And now I want to see the sum of these points for the field on a report.

If it is possible, no additional plugins, please :)

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Pedram Mireftekhari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Reports do not perform any calculation and you need a reporting app like eazyBI to do so.

0 votes
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2020

hey @y.perfilov you can use gadgets in dashboards in JIRA to create reports based on custom fields. 
check this link for how to configure dashboards. 
eg) try using a pie chart gadget to filter data from a saved filter/project details using your custom field.

y.perfilov February 19, 2020

There is no type "numbers" I am afraid for the gadget :( 

Suggest an answer