Can I import AD group members only?

Neil Olivares December 12, 2019

Hello,

We are trying to import users only from one AD group.  Instead, we import everyone from AD (300 users instead of 5).  When we run the test we receive the error "test get user's memberships failed".  I read this thread (Jira) but it never solves the problem.  We probably have the wrong info or syntax in place but we haven't been able to figure this out.  

Thank you,

Neil

Settings 1.PNGSettings 2.PNGTesting Results.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

If you only want users from a specific group to be added to Jira, then you need to update the User Object Filter and specify it there. Everything else should be left as is, change everything under group Schema settings back to default. 

Does this make sense?

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

were you able to figure it out?

Neil Olivares December 16, 2019

Hi Edwin,  Thanks for the reply and the info.  I got held up on some other project work last week but will try your suggestion.  I will update this thread with the results.  Thanks.

Suggest an answer