Becoming a certified Jira administrator from the scratch. Can anybody give a step by step guide?

Vira Avramenko February 17, 2020

Can anybody give a step by step guide for becoming a certified Jira administrator to a person with no experience in Jira software and similar products? What is the timeline?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2020

Hi @Vira Avramenko 

This is tricky as there is no one rule that works here but I’ll try;

1. Get JIRA installed.
  2. Familiarize yourself with the Jira building blocks, Issues, Issue types projects.
  3. Move to understanding everything on the Jira admin/Issue page. This is where most of your administration work will come in. Understand all the sections and refer to Atlassian’s guide on these.
  4. Understand access and users.
  5. Learn how to install a few common add-ons and how they work.
  6. Finally, find use cases that require Jira and configure the product to suite these use cases. Think along questions people would ask you and how to help them.

When you are done with the above or together, prepare for the ACP-100 exam as this is the certification for JIRA administration.

I hope this helps and note that the Atlassian documentation is a good guide and feel free to ask for clarifications here when you are not sure. Go hands on.

Cheers

Vira Avramenko February 17, 2020

Thank you, Ismael_Jimoh.

P K August 25, 2020

Is there a way to get actual instructions or an instructor who can teach Jira Administration? I learn better from an instructor rather than watching a video or reading a book. 

Suggest an answer