Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Please share J D Of Admin Manager

Please share the J D Of Admin Manager

2 comments

I think you may be asking the wrong question of the wrong people.  If you are not, then we are going to need you to explain the question a lot.

• What admin manager?
  • What Atlassian application (or stack) are you asking about?
  • What do you think an admin manager is?
  • Which systems in particular?   (Assuming you're looking for an administrator of a particular system)
  • What's "J D"?  Wetherspoons (yuck, I hope not)?  Julian Date?  Jack Daniels?  Judge Dredd?
Like G subramanyam likes this

Hi @Suraj Sonavane and welcome!

If you are referring to the Job Description of a Jira Admin (for cloud), then "A Jira administrator is a user with the Administer Jira global permission". In plain words, a Jira Admin is responsible for the whole Jira instance:

• Setting it up
  • Manage users & groups
  • Manage workflows, permissions & notifications
  • Manage custom fields, screen, field configurations etc
  • Implement viable solution for companies
  • and more

Hope that helps.
Alex

There's a lot in the "and more" section though ;-).   Apps, training, improvement, support, etc.

Basic responsibilities of a Jira Admin, I would considered the above things I mentioned, with the addition of "apps". Improvements (I presume for workflows, schemes etc) and support, for me, are included within the above mentioned bullets. I wouldn't consider "training" as a responsibility of a Jira Admin, but for sure he must know his way around Jira and guide people IF needed.

In any case, if Suraj wants to know more the following link is a good start

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/resources/

But now you're into describing a role, not a job. 

I'd definitely argue that improvements have a far wider scope than you had in your bullet points, and I don't believe an Atlassian admin's role would exclude training, there's always people who need some. 

I just don't want people landing here to mix up the role with a job description - they're very different things.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

🚦 Zephyr Squad-Marketplace Apps Atlympics ⚽

Hi Atlympics, have you tried this add-on for Jira- "Zephyr Squad". If not than it's one of the known and popular plugin for  test management activities. Link to the plugin: zephyr squad&...

10 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you